New Sister #2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Sister #2 New Sister #2

Unread 04-14-2002, 06:48 PM
New Sister #2

Hello,

I am Tilos, and I wanted to introduce myself. I am having a TAH and possibly a BSO, depending on what the DR. finds, on 05-20-02. I am 39 years old and quite frankly I am glad to be rid of all this bleeding and cramping. However, in spite of my relief, I am a bit nervous. You all sound like wonderful ladies and I just wanted to join the group. I have had two Lap with Adhesions, Endo, fybroid, and polyps. Now my Uterus has grown and the DR suspects Adenomyosis. My last Lap was 02-26-02. Anyway, hope to hear from you ladies soon!

Thank you,

Tilos

e-mail: cathivp@hotmail.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 06:54 PM
Welcome Tilos

You'll be glad you found this site prior to your surgery. Read, read read and ask questions. You'll be so prepared for your surgery. Mine was over a year a go and I've never felt better.
Unread 04-14-2002, 07:04 PM
Thank you Sherl aka Reina

Thank you for your reply and input. I always want to be prepaired, and the more I know the better things are when they happen. I hope all goes well with you. I will say a prayer.

Thank you,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 07:19 PM
Welcome

Hi Tilos,

Welcome to HysterSisters. As you and I are both discovering, there is a wealth of information here at this site. (And the other sisters are all wonderful!)

I too am 39, and I'm scheduled for surgery on May 23. I also have fibroids and heavy, heavy bleeding. I'll be so glad too to get this whole mess over with. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

But like you, I am also apprehensive. I think that is normal. As Sherl said, just try to learn everything here that you can. It makes a difference when you know what you are facing, and that you aren't facing it alone.

God bless you,

Lisa

Unread 04-14-2002, 08:25 PM
New Sister #2

Hi, Catherine and Lisa -

Welcome to both of you, and I'll second the advice of Sherl aka Reina.

I do want to assure both of you that being nervous or scared is VERY normal - this is major surgery, and it's a big unknown. Like you, I'm big on knowing all I can. My motto is to be as prepared as you can for the worst and hope for the best.

For me, and many many others, the waiting was really the hardest part of the whole hysterectomy experience.
Unread 04-15-2002, 12:04 AM
New Sister #2

Welcome from me, too! If you click the 3 princesses at the top of the page, you can find the pull-down menus with stories and advice for Ladies in Waiting. Ask any questions you think of, and we'll try to answer them for you. We'll support you through this journey! s and best wishes!
Ruthie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register