8 Days To Go! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 Days To Go! 8 Days To Go!

Unread 04-15-2002, 05:30 AM
8 Days To Go!

Only 8 days to go till castle date.. how are you other 4/23 ladies doing? So far so good here, having some pain.. out of pain meds. Called doc & left message for her to call me back. Don't know if I can get anymore pain pills and take them this close to surgery, but will soon find out.

s to all the sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 05:37 AM
Hi Amy

Its me the other 4/23 LIW....having a relatively good morning. The sun is out and that helps. Getting my kids schedules written down today, phone numbers to the neighbors, lunch menus....etc. Poor hubby never had to deal with all of this before. He is just great and assures me he will handle all of it just fine and we will get through it together. I am scared.....but I am trying not to let myself get down again. I have shortness of breath, chest pains and massive anxiety if I dwell too much on this. Oh Boy!!! Trying to keep on the laundry, and double cook meals...If I make meatloaf I make four instead of two...and freeze them. I think work this week will be good for me but I dont plan on being to focused while there.

Gonna do one last big cleaning next Monday as I wont be going very far with the bowel prep stuff running through me....yuck!

Lots of things to handle around here yet......but sigh.....wish it were over already.

cindy
Unread 04-15-2002, 07:45 AM
8 Days To Go!

Hi Cindy and Amy and all other 23rd pre ops !!
I'm doing okay this morning.. just finished my workout.... that does help with the anxiety.... also doing laundry like crazy... washing the kitchen floor and planning on hitting the bathroom tomorrow. My hospital pre op is on thursday and I am looking forward to it.. one step closer....
hang in there ladies we will be posting our stories of post ops soon !!!
Cindy... try doing some deep breathing... it helps... deep breath to the count of four, hold for four and slowly release to the count of four...
have a great day
kara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 09:45 AM
8 Days To Go!

Hello Ladies. I am 4/23 too. I have been struggling with a cold that just won't go away. I have my pre-op tomorrow. My doc says rest, rest, rest and fluids. That is easier said than done. I am in pain everyday so the pain meds make me a bit jittery. My nerves are gone, I am premenstral this week so I am dreading this last one and I can't sleep. I hope these next 8 days go by quickly. I stayed home from work today to get some things cought up but I pretty much laying around. I think I am mentally exhausted. The reality of the pain of recovery is starting to come over my like a cloud. I have mixed feelings, looking forward to the rest of my life but not looking forward to the first few days post-op.
Unread 04-15-2002, 11:23 AM
trying to be positive

this may sound nutty, but I am actually looking forward to the pain of recovery because I know that is a pain that has a beginning and an end.. it won't be a pain that makes me wonder... what is wrong with me.. do I have cancer etc... this cycle I am in now, period due on the 20th, has been the easiest... just a few stabbing pains...I can only guess it has to do with my having taking two rounds of antibotics this past month and my taking it easy.... but it makes me say, hum... should i cancle... heck no... I know I would be in my usually agony next month. I remember one month one of my daughters wanted to go shopping for clothes and I just couldn't do it... the pain was unbearable.. she said, gosh, its like your a grandma instead of a mom.... that really hit home and made my decision that much easier.. I've missed out on alot of stuff because I was bleeding too much, the pain was too much.. NO MORE... I am going to have my life back and it is going to start on april 23rd. YEAH ME!!!
okay hope this mood lasts for the afternoon... hahah up an down and up and down goes this waiting game...
kara

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register