PMS with HRT? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

PMS with HRT? PMS with HRT?

Unread 04-15-2002, 07:36 AM
PMS with HRT?

It just occurred to me, if both ovaries are removed, and I am put on HRT, is PMS gone? (I hope, I hope)

I have always had a problem with irritability a few days before my period starts and was looking forward to everything associated with my periods becoming history.

Is the HRT taken just 25 days of the month, like when my Mom started it after her hysterecomy 38 years ago, or have they improved it?

Thanks for any input.

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 08:17 AM
PMS with HRT?

I had severe PMS before my surgery. PMS is caused, in part, by hormonal fluctuations. Since the HRT I take now is constant, the same dose every day, I have NO PMS! In fact, I feel like such a mellower person that I was 6 months ago. My husband loves it!
Unread 04-15-2002, 08:22 AM
every single day?

Thanks, Lisa,

I feel better. And you do take it every single day? I knew it was caused by hormone fluxuations, but happened to think if we only take it 25/30 days per month, we might still get the level changes, thus the PMS.

This surgery is sounding better and better all the time.

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 09:42 AM
PMS with HRT?

Yes, it's not like birth control pills. HRT is taken every day. No fluctuations! I'm telling you, I'm soooo happy now!
Unread 04-16-2002, 04:48 AM
PMS with HRT?

I was the wicked witch due to PMS. The last three years it was drug enhanced (Provera 11 days a month to try to control the bleeding) and the mood swings were terrible. I'm 10 weeks post op and have been on Estrace 1mg/day for the past 8 weeks. So far so good! My DH has mentioned how even tempered I've been.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register