Silly question | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Silly question Silly question

Unread 04-15-2002, 07:51 AM
Silly question

okay, so this isn't an improtant question, but I was just wondering...what are you or did you wear INTO the castle??my surgery is at 7:30, so I'm going in about 5:30 I guess , (will know on thursday)... I just know I am going to take a long hot shower wash my hair really well and what I'd like to do is go in p.j's !! but will probably go in sweats.... so how about you all??
kara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 07:58 AM
Silly question

Hi Kara!

I went in the castle in a really comfortable cotton sundress. I see nothing wrong with going in PJ's though - the castle seems to be a safe haven from any ticket-wielding fashion police, so just about anything goes that is comfortable.

P. S. It's not a silly question; around here, the only silly question is the one that is not asked.

(((((((HUGS)))))))) and Best wishes,
Unread 04-15-2002, 07:59 AM
comfy clothes

Karah,

I'm not sure it matters, as one of the first things they ask you to do is to take your clothes off and put on one of their 'fashionable' hospital gowns, which covers almost nothing.

I'm thinking of taking something that I can wear home when it's all over--something loose and comfortable. I'll have new p.j.s to wear while I'm there, although some of the ladies have posted that they saved them for after they got home and just wore the hospital-provided gowns.

I'm sure I'll use a lightweight robe, though, because I plan to be out of bed as soon as possible.

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 08:10 AM
Silly question

I wore what I planned on wearing home. Large, loose-fitting cotton knit PJ's!!
Unread 04-15-2002, 08:10 AM
Silly question

I wore the clothes I planned on wearing home, baggy sweats. I brought pajamas and a robe with me, but ended up just using the robe. I found it easier to maneuver in the bed with and open back.
Unread 04-15-2002, 08:43 AM
Silly question

I wore pants and t shirt
wore pjs at the hospital
wore pjs home
Unread 04-15-2002, 08:48 AM
Silly question

warm-up suit to the hosp.
hosp. gown while there - with my own robe
same warm-up back home.
You change as soon as you get there into the hosp. robe...I agree with not taking new p.j.'s - they might get stained...
Unread 04-15-2002, 09:21 AM
What to wear there and back.

I plan to buy one of those really comfortable, two-sizes-too-big, t-shirt, legging outfits to wear there and back. I'm still trying to decide if I should buy pj's or just wear those wonderful "leave-nothing-to-the-imagination" gowns. I'll probably take a robe, though in a pinch, you can use a second hospital-provided gown and just turn it around backwards over the first.

My Mom, bless her heart, last night offered me one of her brand-new satin, thin-spaghetti strap gowns with a strip of see-through lace running down it. If I wore it, I would either slide right out of bed onto the floor (way too slick!) or have my doctor drooling all over me (way too sexy!). I told Mom I'm going for surgery, not to win a beauty contest and comfort is far more important. I'm sure I won't care what I look like.

Lisa

Unread 04-15-2002, 09:32 AM
Silly question

i wore large sweats to the hospital with some slip on shoes. it was the same outfit i wore home. the first thing the nurse said when she saw me dressed to go home was how comfortable i looked. that is the key thing, comfortable. you should wear something that is easy to get in and out of. at the castle i found that my own robe and underwear, with the hospital johnny worked well once i was up and moving around. i found that underwear two sizes too big are good because they give some support to your and a sense of privacy. good luck to you.
Unread 04-15-2002, 10:08 AM
Silly question

I wore what I had intended to wear home - baggy sweats and a tshirt, but I ended up saying the heck with changing for a 10 minute ride home, and wore my jammies home - went in the door and right to my throne without changing.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register