Im a newbie | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-15-2002, 08:58 AM
Im a newbie

I go in for surgery on the 24thof April. I am 28. I have endo, cyst, fibroids, scar tissue from 4 c section and appendix removed, and I guess from all the c section I have some other stuff that has caused poblems with my bowels. They say they are taking my uterus and cervix and will fix my bowels. If my overaries are ok they will leave them. I am not really nervous about this other than being put out. I have been threw alot of cuts so I am ok with that. I am just ready to get on with my life. I am in pain most all the time. I have heavy peroiods to where it is almost time for depends and not able to use pads.

I go in for pre op on the 22nd get my blood work done and ask my questions.

I have read so much on this board, I already love you guys..LOL I have gotten so much info.

Thanks

Tam Kas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 10:00 AM
Hey, Tam Kas!

Hi, welcome! This is a great site! I found it shortly before my surgery and it was a great help to me. Still is. You can do this and you'll do great! Your dr. and your anesthesiologist can tell you all about what can be used during the surgery and also after for pain management. Ask all the questions you can think of. I know for me there was a big difference in how I felt right after the surgery and the next morning. The nurses all said I'd feel so much better in the morning and *I did* and *you will, too*!! I'm 17 days post-op from an LAVH/LSO and I've been feeling fine (until I overdid and now I'm off my feet catching up on my recovery!).

Remember to a lot, a lot (cranberry juice - not juice cocktail - is yummy and good for keep away urinary tract infections!) and some (don't overdo)!! Rest, rest, rest!!

Love, hugs and prayers to you!

~Sue
Unread 04-15-2002, 10:08 AM
Welcome TamKas

I decided to introduce myself last night, and it is unbelievable the relief I feel from the responsel. One advise I got was read, read, read and don't be afraid to ask questions. This is indeed a wonderful web-site. Anyway, you want to talk, feel free to e-mail me anytime. I am going to have a TAH on 05-20-02, and possibly a BSO.

Take Care, and God Bless You!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 10:19 AM
welcome!

Welcome, Tam Kas! I'm glad to know you are finding useful info and encouragement here. HysterSisters really is a wonderful site and helped me be positive about having my hyst (though I wasn't young like you). I do feel great 9 months after my hyst and I hope you'll be feeling better after your surgery and recovery. Feel free to post questions and comments. We'll be here to support you through this journey! s and best wishes!
Ruthie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register