I need support.. | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I need support.. I need support..

Unread 04-15-2002, 09:54 AM
I need support..

I have my period..I have sinus pain..and a mega headache..tried to call the doctors office because I shouldnt have gotten period while still on the pill..but i did.

And now im having surgery during the bleeding cycle. In addition, The sinus pain is awful. Took tylenol last nite..and i put warm rags over my eyes to take the ache out from behind them...Im so upset i could cry..but that would just make the headache THAT MUCH WORSE!

but i dont think i should be taking pain meds one day before the surgery!

I am so mad at the doctors office for scheduling me during my period. Wont i bleed more when they cut out the endo? Im afraid this might complicate things..does anyone know?

My doctor did not call me back yet....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 10:03 AM
I need support..

So sorry about the sinus headache - check with your Dr, but Tylenol might be OK - my Dr said no aspirin, ibruprophen, etc, but Tylenol was OK.

The bleeding, as long as it's just your period, won't affect your surgery. I had mine, and I've seen posts from lots of others who did - no problem at all.

Best Wishes.

Debbie
Unread 04-15-2002, 10:35 AM
Hugs!

Hi, Dancindebz! Here are some for you! Sorry you're feeling so rotten. (I also kept bleeding even though I was given Depo Provera). As far as I know, menstrual bleeding during a hyst shouldn't cause any major problem, though it may depend on how extensive your endometriosis is. There have been gals here who needed a blood transfusion after surgery, but I don't think it was related to being on their periods. Let us know what your dr says about that. And I hope he can give you something for your sinus pain/headache. Hope these few hours before your castle time will go quickly for you since it's hard to wait for it to be over! One more and best wishes!
Ruthie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 10:46 AM
Big Hug

I'm so sorry you feel so bad. Here's a gigantic big for you.

Don't worry about being on your period during surgery. The doctors are used to lots of blood anyway, and I've even heard that having your period will quicken your recovery time. (I'm scheduled for May 23, and should just be starting my period the day before, unless I can manipulate my Provera pills a little and delay the thing.)

Best wishes to you. You will be in my prayers.

Lisa

Unread 04-15-2002, 01:30 PM
I need support..

I wouldn't worry about your period, I know it seems awful, but this is what they do. And if you think about it that won't even affect them. Especially if your having surgery done, just remember they are use to blood or they wouldn't be doing what they are doing.

You will make it, good luck! ing for you!

archide
Unread 04-15-2002, 01:54 PM
My real concern

My real concern was bleeding internally. I have endometriosis, and when you get your period every month, even the endo lesions inside you body, like bladder, colon etc...well they bleed too...my concern is for the doctors ability to excise the endo when its late in the cycle..

I am worried about increased bleeding problems internally due to the endo..My doctor usually does sugery between day 5 and day 11 of the cycle..because you bleed less...

I dont know...The nurse is not concerned about it ..I guess i am going thru that last minute panic...

Well, its too late now..i am on auto-pilot..cant back out..

p.s. nurse said i could take tylenol for my sinus headache..
Unread 04-15-2002, 02:20 PM
I need support..

I had endo and was on my period when I had my TAH/BSO. I had absolutely NO bleeding after my hysterectomy....I honestly mean, none whatsoever.

Good luck to you....you will be fine!

Kim

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register