Can you say frustrated? (LONG) | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can you say frustrated? (LONG) Can you say frustrated? (LONG)

Unread 04-15-2002, 11:40 AM
Can you say frustrated? (LONG)

OMG....I can't believe what I have just gone through!!
Long story short......hubby left employment in Feb but was paid up on insurance through April 1st (they had taken out for 8 months of coverage but HMO only showed 7 months!).
I have been on the phone constantly since last week trying to figure out where the money was that was paid and to get my COBRA coverage so that I can still have my surgery!
The HMO (which will remain nameless...lol) couldn't give me that information and said I had to speak to the employer about that.
The employer ( I have some very colorful descriptions for her but will hold my tongue! ) said pretty much...tough luck. All I asked for was if she could check with the bank to see if the payment had cleared and get the check # for me...I could take care of the rest!
She refused to help and told me too bad (I don't have time for this! she said )....said the money was the HMO's and I would have to wait for the reimbersment when they got it.
Sorry this seemed like a no brainer...hubby made money...company took money to pay HMO...Company wrote check to HMO for coverage...made this her problem not mine. Then she told me it was none of my business...sorry I told her, it involves me and my family...IT IS MY BUSINESS!! She told me FU (sorry bout that)and hung up on me!! I was in tears!!
Move the time machine to this morning....Gyn called me and said....you were cancelled as of 3/1/02.....I need authorization or the Hospital won't even admit you.....Ugh! The tears again start!
I was lucky enough to contact someone about this in Customer Service who sent me to the right person!
Seems the HMO let me fall through the cracks and never sent out my COBRA paperwork and now I was lucky ( I requested it last Monday ) if it would show in time for my Hyst!!
Well the person at the HMO not only faxed me the required paperwork, she updated and activated my account in about 10 minutes after I faxed it back, showing all was okay once again!
She also checked with records to find out indeed the HMO had gotten payment, and changed the active dates for me so there is no laspe in coverage and I won't have to talk to the employer again about my refund.....I called her a "Godess" she laughed and said she liked that Title!!
I countinued to tell her all about HS and she said she would have to come and look at the site!
Thanks for letting me vent and ramble....this has just added to my anxiety over my inpending surgery date.
I have been calm up until now...now the butterflies are flying fast and furious since I know it's a go!!
My love and blessings to all my Sisters for putting up with me!!

Only 17 more days and counting!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 11:53 AM
CONGRATULATIONS

I love your style!!!! If only there were about 10 million more people in the world like you. Thank-God you perservered to get to the bottom of the HMO - Ex-Employer BS. What a crab ( I would liketo use another word, but will refrain). It is a good thing that your hubby is out of her clinches. Believe me-something bad is going to happen to that woman.
As for the HMO, well thay are all the same. My hmo denies ALL claims at first, and I have to fight to get anything paid. My anestheologist has yet to be paid for his fine work when I had my D&C in November!!! I am a wreck they will will only put me half under as punishment next week!!!!
Well, hey you accomplished a great deal. You should be VERY PROUD!
Good Luck w/your surgery!!!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register