4 days to go before wearing the crown...lol | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days to go before wearing the crown...lol 4 days to go before wearing the crown...lol

Unread 04-15-2002, 03:36 PM
4 days to go before wearing the crown...lol

The hospital I am going to requires you to call for a Pre-Surgery Assessment deal. You have to talk to a nurse and answer lots of questions. She did make me feel more at ease however.
She asked me if I was nervious and I told her I am somewhat but anxious to get it over with too. I also told her I was afraid the morning of is when it would hit me and then I WOULD start freaking out, ect. She told me to let them know as soon as get there if I need something for nerves.
She said they could give me the "I don't care shot" which will relax me alot....I ask if they could just meet me in the parking lot with it- she thought that was funny.

I just want to say I really appreciate all the responses I have got thru this message Board. I think I would be alot more nervious if i hadn't found it. All of you have helped so much with the "Waiting" part and give me the knowledge of knowing what to look for after I have the "crown"- I am not by any means saying I will not be asking more questions because I am sure afterwards more will come up-

I am packed and ready to go. I am just waiting for Friday now and plan to take care of business at my house (cleaning,ect.) I figure this will help keep my mind off of things also.

Thanks SOOOO MUCH
runabout
(lynne)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 03:53 PM

Hi Lynne!
You're doing great! Have you tried dropping into the HS Chat room yet? I spent a lot of time there the few days leading up to surgery and they are wonderful! Try taking some time away from 'getting everything ready' to take care of you. A nice hot bath, a manicure or you might want to get your hair done too - it could be a few weeks before you get to the beauty shop! Take care and all the best to you on Friday!
Unread 04-15-2002, 06:53 PM
Alot in Common!

Hi Lynne!
I am also going in to the castle on Friday for surgury, and I have a four year old mini daschund, Sadie.
I am on pins and needles, I feel so bad for my family, but I can't help it. Every thing and every one is getting on my nerves, which are not too steady right now! I look forward to the "I don't have a care" shot when I get to the castle. I wish on Wed. for my pre op that the dr. can give me a pill to take my edge off.
Outside this website, it's difficult to find someone who truly understands the way I feel.
Good luck on Friday, if you need to chat on Thursday night, I'm sure I'll be popping into the chat to get a laugh and some courage.
Hugs,
Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 06:57 PM
Hi Si-

I guess I did the pampering last week. I went ahead and got my hair colored, pedicure, ect. It was nice. I made sure I marked off two days before my surgery to mainly get my house in order. I have kinda let it go latley. I hope to have everything done so Thursday night I can just relax.
I haven't got into the chat room yet. I need too.
Thanks and keep in touch
runabout
(lynne)
Unread 04-15-2002, 07:11 PM

Hi Lynne

Maybe they should give us the I dont care shot maybe 1 week to 2 weeks in advance. What do you think? lol I know I am nervous and anxious. My surgery is not till May 14th and I know how I feel , but 1st I am going on vacation!!!!

Take Care!
Laura
Unread 04-15-2002, 07:55 PM

Hi Lynne, Yes, it's getting close now, just think how much better we are all going to be. I had a party on Saturday with my friends and they all wrote poems for me about my situation, it made me laugh so much that it reminded me why i am going to get a bladder tack also. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have their humor around at the moment. I hope all goes well for you at the castle, take care,

Katygirl

Unread 04-15-2002, 08:14 PM
Hi Katygirl

I hope your surgery goes well also....keep me informed of the outcome.
runabout
(lynne)
Unread 04-15-2002, 08:23 PM
Good Luck

Hi Lynne,
Good Luck with your surgery on Friday. My surgery is also scheduled for this Friday for an abd hyst. I am so nervous, if you have any advice that the nurse gave you today would you please let me know. I go see my doctor on Wednesday and then go to the hospital on Thursday for the rest of my testing. Thanks and Good Luck
Unread 04-16-2002, 01:00 AM
mistress 196

She really didn't give much advice except about letting them know as soon as I get there if I want a shot to relax me.

She kept reassuring me everything would be fine.

Good Luck with your surgery also and Keep me updated on your recovery.

lynne

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register