Bleeding and it will not stop! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding and it will not stop! Bleeding and it will not stop!

Unread 04-15-2002, 04:19 PM
Bleeding and it will not stop!

I have been bleeding for the past eight weeks. I have been through the hystoscope and DnC and still bleeding like I am peeing but not. I am really scared. I find out tomorrow when the hyst. is. Can anyone help me
Serena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 04:33 PM
Hi Serena

Please call your doctor immediately. I didn't see alot of information on your situation in your post so I can't offer more specific advice.
I am of course in no position to offer medical advice. But your situation sounds like it may be now or soon could become a medical emergency.
Is your doctor aware of the severity of the bleeding? Are you being treated for anemia? Are you weak? Are you in pain?
None of us at Hystersisters can tell you what the problem is or advise you other than to say "we care" and please call your doctor.
There are different medications that can possibly be prescribed to help control the bleeding while you wait for the hysterectomy.
Please let us know what your doctor says. Call him first thing in the morning, or go into ER tonight if you think you are losing too much blood, feel very weak or are afraid in anyway for your health.
We are here for you.
Unread 04-15-2002, 04:45 PM
Bleeding and it will not stop!

I am weak and when they tried to get a Iv going friday for the Dnc they tried 8 times till they finally got it. They said my veins are really small due to all that I am going through. I am once in a while in abdmonal pain then a bleeding session starts really heavy. I called the doctor and have an appointment tomorrow as 1:50 so I am hoping he tells me something good. He did put me on a antibotic and provara today. We will see what happens. I can use all the advice I can get right now. I am really worried.
Thanks
Serena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 05:09 PM
Hugs to you, Serena!

If you are losing that much blood, you might want to consider going to the E/R. My situation was a little bit like yours and I went. Do you have anyone with you or someone you could call to take you? Losing so much blood for so long is hard on your body. Please call someone to at least have them check in on you tonight and in the morning, if you decide not to go to the E/R, even if it's just by phone. Hope you get this fixed soon. I'm 17 days post-op now after almost six full weeks of bleeding and a D&C, and I am not bleeding anymore. It is beyond wonderful! I thank God! Hope everything works out for you. Keep us posted please.

Hugs and prayers to you ~Sue
Unread 04-15-2002, 05:11 PM
Hi Serena

I am so glad you will see the doctor tomorrow and that you do have something to take.
I had trouble with the IV too when I was preped for surgery. I would make sure the anesthesiologist puts the IV in for you.
I would hope that your doctor will be able to schedule the surgery soon for you. Has he checked you for anemia? Are you taking Iron? Please ask him about this too.
It is very scary to be bleeding so much. I would say for most of us bleeding/flooding/clotting were big problems. As long as your doctor is keeping a close eye on things it be okay.
Here are two things I have read other women suggest about slowing the flow so to speak.
One suggested a cool bath. Warm or hot water would speed the flow and a cool or cold one might slow it.
Another woman suggested orgasm as that will cause the uterus to contract. My doctor gave me some medication to contract the uterus and stop my bleeding the day before my surgery.
I am not suggesting you do anything that has caused you any pain or discomfort in the past. But if you feel you can comfortably try one or both of these then perhaps they will help.
Sending more and a . Try to stay calm and hope for some more answers tomorrow.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register