Pre -op morning Spaz Attack | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre -op morning Spaz Attack Pre -op morning Spaz Attack

Unread 04-16-2002, 06:17 AM
Pre -op morning Spaz Attack

Im on my way to pre-op my sisters. The bad thing is, is that it is near the bus station. Which one will I end up at....stayed tuned and see later this afternoon!

Shay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2002, 06:19 AM

What time does the bus leave? I'm going thru some major nervous periods right now.

s
Unread 04-16-2002, 06:35 AM

every thing will be o.k. gals. don't stress and think of the pampering you will get and don't forget your new crowns!
i will say a prayer for you today.
shygirl97128 (misty)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2002, 08:35 AM

Hi Shay,

It's been awhile since we talked but I wanted to wish you all the best. Your emails to me helped so much.

I am on the other side now and so glad. I have had some bad complications with my surgery but I can actually say that today I am really beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I had the best surgeons who made the right decisions for me. I lost over a quart of blood and could not have the bladder repair due to it. As for the operation, yahhoo! I would do it again even with all that is going on.

s and ers for you. I will tell more of my story on my own post. Hope to hear from you soon
Unread 04-16-2002, 10:10 AM
I did not take the bus

Hi Girls,
Thanks for the encouraging words! I just got back from my pre-op. The hospital part went much better then I expected! I was a tiny bit disappointed that when I was sitting in my Docs office with a list of questions today that he seemed very rushed. I know they do this everyday and I know they are busy...I guess I just expected a little to much attention like I have been getting here I did tell him that thanks to the Hyster Sister site that I had alot fewer questions because my fellow sisters answered alot fo them!
I have had a C-Section and I asked him to tell me if the pain was the same or worse then a C-Section and he said worse
Im sure this time next week I will be writing and telling all of you that Im fine.........BUT........for right now its

Shay
Unread 04-16-2002, 10:57 AM

Hi, Shay! Yeah--you made it through pre op! Sorry your dr was so rushed, but I hope he answered your questions. The pain may be a little worse than a c-section, but it's manageable with pain meds. The recovery nurse will ask you to rate your pain on a scale 1-10, then you will get enough meds to bring it down to about 1-2. Many patients get the IV pump where you push the button to medicate yourself whenever you need more pain relief. Then after the first day, you probably can go to pain pills. I took pain pills for the first week at home, then switched to Advil during the day and a pain pill before bed. Everyone has different levels of pain and pain tolerance, so some don't even need this much medication. Just remember to take the meds before the pain gets too bad, because it's hard to quiet the nerves after they receive so many pain signals. I'm sure you will do fine. Hope the time goes quickly for you until your castle day--waiting is hard! s and best wishes!
Ruthie
Unread 04-16-2002, 11:07 AM

Hi Shay, glad you didn't take the bus! Sorry your doc was rushed though. It's always hard when you have questions and they have no time. We will try and help as much as we can though!

Sara

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register