Its a Go for SEVEN DAYS | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Its a Go for SEVEN DAYS Its a Go for SEVEN DAYS

Unread 04-16-2002, 06:30 AM
Its a Go for SEVEN DAYS

Okay, I posted about taking advil 10 days before surgery was worried that they would cancle.. got the call back from my gyn... he says its ok.. of course don't take anymore... I also was told I'll have the morphine pump.... not too sure how I feel about that.... I hate pain meds... and have never had morphine.... only demeraol...
I go to the hospital for pre op ansesthisia (oh god will I ever learn to spell that and adenomyosis???) on thursday.
Yesterday I picked at every bit of food I could... after my 40 mins workout... today I can barely swallow my coffee....
Hang on to me God.....
sigh
kara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2002, 10:19 AM
Hi Kara

Hang in there hon, you are almost on the other side.

Keep breathing and praying. God will hang in there with you every step of the way. You know what? God will even ride the guerney with you. I know because I asked. It was the only really scary moment I had in the hospital, when they started to wheel me away. I felt so alone. I asked God, Jesus, my angels and my hystersisters to get on that guerney with me and fast! And they did. I calmed right back down again.

Bye the way, I did just fine with the morphine pump. No pain and no problems. I felt comfortable and relaxed on it. But you can always ask for something else if it doesn't agree with you.

Keep reading and posting. You might want to pop into the chat if you haven't been there before. Lot's of great support there too.
Unread 04-16-2002, 10:29 AM
Its a Go for SEVEN DAYS

s to you Kara!!

I know how you feel! I felt totally alone when I left the pre-op for the OR. In fact even though I had happy juice in me, I wasn't all that relaxed. I still remember them having me slide from the gurney to the OR table. In that split second I got scared. And then, guess what I did, yes, I started praying. When I woke up I had a wonderful thing called a PCA pump. They took me to my room and I hit this little button that made Morphine flow through my body and take away that pain as they moved me to my bed. I stopped pushing the button about 6 hours later as I wanted to get up and walk around the next day. But, that was just my experience, if you don't want Morphine, ask about Dermorol or what other alternitives they offer. I did have an anti-nausea piggy back throughout surgery as general makes me get sick on the table and in recovery, no problems this time, at all with that!

Pssssssssst I shortened the words to "A guy" or A for anesthesia and adeno for adenomyosis.

We'll be waiting on the other side for you with s and brownies.

Shelley is right, chat is a great place to find support!

Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2002, 11:20 AM
Its a Go for SEVEN DAYS

I had toradol (sp?) instead of morphine this time. (I had morphine for my two c-sections.) I didn't notice a difference in any of them. Like you, I was afraid that morphine would make me spacy, but it didn't. But then again, it was given through the epidural. Is that how they plan to give yours? If so, it is mostly concentrated on where it's needed rather than systemically. If it is given IV, then I can't say for sure how you might feel, because then it is systemic.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register