What about The Night Before??? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What about The Night Before??? What about The Night Before???

Unread 04-16-2002, 06:33 AM
What about The Night Before???

there is a week before my surgery... this week I will be doing last minute things..its the nights that get me...after my bath my nerves really start to set in......
I was wondering... what are you planning / what did you do for post ops THE night before?? I know that day will be filled with bathroom visits..ugh.. but that night?????
kara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2002, 07:19 AM

Not sure what you're asking, but the night before I tried to go to bed as normally as possible, had a hard time falling asleep, when I finally did I woke up real early. I took a shower that morning and waited til it was time to go to the hospital. Oh yeah, and I checked this site!

Good luck!
Unread 04-16-2002, 07:50 AM
The night before

My mor had a tah/bso 13 years ago, and her doctor gave her something to help her relax tha night before, and I will be doing the same. If you are a very anxious person (and I know that I fall in that category), you might want to ask your doctor if there is anything he can suggest or give you to help you relax and get that much neede rest the night before.

Good luck, and wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2002, 08:24 AM

If you're talking about the enema thingie I didn't have that kind. Mine was used the morning of surgery and then I was suppose to take a shower with an anti-bacterial soap.

As for the anxiety and sleep, my family doctor gave me some lorezepam for the week before. It helped immensely. I think it would be wise to call and get something. It made all the difference for me.
Unread 04-16-2002, 09:59 AM

The night before I took a tranquilizer and tried to sleep. I also woke up early, took a shower, washed my hair, shaved my legs, and tried to relax. I was more numb than anything.

I am almost 10 months post op. One thing is for sure. The wait, the fear, the anxiety are the worst part.
My prayers and love are with you.
Eileen
Unread 04-16-2002, 10:52 AM

I didn't have much choice. My husband and I had planned a romantic evening the night before....WRONG! I had a 2 day bowel prep which required taking megadoses of antibiotics the afternoon before followed by anti-nausia drugs (which make you sleepy) and then a suppository, and well, I slept and spent time on the bathroom floor for the most part!
Unread 04-16-2002, 01:43 PM

I had to take a bowel prep and I had an anti-nausea drug that let me sleep. I took a shower before the anti-nausea pill, had to wash with anti-bacterial soap. My "A" guy told me that I couldn't have anything after midnight. I was on liquid only after 1 p.m. He said that I could have pizza and beer at 11:59 p.m. but at midnight I couldn't. *LOL* I had to break it to him that I was liquid only because of bowel prep. He told me that he was sorry to hear that, but he was glad that he didn't have to worry about me following the rules!

Sara
Unread 04-16-2002, 03:53 PM

The night before my surgery I just spent the evening pampering myself....long hot bath, rented a special movie I had been waiting to see, ordered pizza....that kind of stuff. You will be suprised at how quickly the evening goes by.

Good luck and God bless.
Unread 04-16-2002, 04:04 PM

I resigned myself to not getting much sleep. And talked to DH incessantly about my fears. And watched a lot of TV.

Good luck -- it'll be over before you know it.

Melissa
Unread 04-16-2002, 09:05 PM

My night before? I took a xanax they had prescribed to take the edge off; drank as much water as possible until midnight; laid down to sleep and realized that wasn't gonna work -- so I played Hearts on the computer all night long. Won quite a few games! Finally fell asleep about 3:00 am, so I was nice and drowsy when I arrived at the hospital.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register