Just Had to Share Plus 7 days postop now | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just Had to Share Plus 7 days postop now Just Had to Share Plus 7 days postop now

Unread 04-16-2002, 09:04 AM
Just Had to Share Plus 7 days postop now

Hi Sisters,

Everyday gets a little better. To all you lovely LIW I just want you to know how worth the wait is!! As I said in a previous post, I had some major complications-more than I knew until yesterday. Both surgeons said it was their worst surgery ever , but I knew they would take good care of me. I lost over a quart of blood, my uterus was 5 mths pregnant size, cervix-3 times length it should have been, and nothing was where it should be and located so deep in my body they had a hard time getting to it. They didn't want to chance the bladder repair. Two fibroids-one a softball, the other a grapefruit and suspicious for cancer.

On Wednesday my BP plummeted down to 75/33, then my breathing was in danger on Thursday but got under control enough for me to come home Friday PM. Saturday, I started coughing and having breathing and HBP problems-back to the hospital. They took lung scans-no blood clots. Asthma had kicked in. Went to see my DearDearDoctor. He doubled my breathing meds and added a Mega short dose period of Prednisone. He told me to be patient with myself, that I was really overdoing it----caution here ladies--- I epected to be up and doing jumping jacks I guess. He said normal for anyone who had a Hyster lasting 1-2 hours is 2 weeks before they even begin to get better. He said my surgery lasted 4 1/2 hours and that it will take me a lot longer to get well. SO, Patience must now be my middle name. I have so many questions and how to deal with the hormone thing, so I guess I need to go over to post-op and the No-Hormone Jungle. I wish I had read more there while waiting pro-op.

Anyway, my BIG news, The tumors were benign!!!!!! I am thanking GOD each day. And I want to tell each of you to have faith. They were worried I wouldn't make it, but even with all my health problems prior to this and this, I am here. Just remember, my case is very rare and I can still say I am so glad I did this. Each day I feel a little better. The cough is the pits though. Avoid anyone sick prior to your castle stay. A couple of my nurses were sick, so I think that got me started.

I am sorry this is so long, just needed to talk. I don't know if I have posted this in the right place---- my story? Please help!

s and ers to all you LIW from :Princess Sharon

Pillow Police just got me I have so much reading to catch up on but I guess that will take time.

God Bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2002, 09:58 AM
Thanks for sharing

Sharon,

Thanks for sharing such a personal experience with us. I'm so glad you are feeling better. Your attitude has got to be the driving force here. You sound great!

I had never heard the relationship between length of surgery and length of recovery. That makes sense.

Take care, drink lots, rest lots and long on when you feel up to it.

Prayers,

Nancy
Unread 04-16-2002, 10:01 AM

I am new to the site and just read your post. I am so glad you are doing better I am also glad to hear you posting that you feel your surgery was worthwhile. I am having my uterus and ovaries removed May 6th. I have been having such severe bleeding, anemic, etc. that I am looking forward to the surgery in a way but also am very nervous. I also kind of have it in my mind that since I had a c-section 10 years ago and was really sick with pre-eclampsia that this won't be any worse than that was. (Reading some of the posts here though I wonder if that is really a realistic thing to think?) It is nice to read that it is worth it. Take good care of yourself.
Kathy71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2002, 10:06 AM
Hi Sharina

Thank you for posting. I am sorry you had a rough time. But so glad everything has turned out well and that the tumor was benign. That is just wonderful news!

We are all so lucky to live in a time when these difficult medical conditions can be taken care of and restore us to health and quality of life.

Yes, patience is a good thing. Take it slow and easy and it will pay off for you. Remember your little as you are able and lot's of and . I was amazed at how quickly the recovery time actually goes by. Faster than the pre-op waiting!

Take good care of yourself. And keep us posted on how you are doing when you feel up to it.
Unread 04-16-2002, 10:47 AM

Welcome home, Princess Sharina! You had a tough time, but it sounds like you had wonderful drs. who took good care of you. So glad your tumors were benign! That is a big worry for a lot of us before surgery. And I know a cough is awful right after surgery. I used my tummy pillow a lot the first couple weeks!
Take it easy, and enjoy being a pampered princess! s
Ruthie
Unread 04-16-2002, 06:28 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your responses! I know that much of my fairly good attitude through this experience has come in a very large part from Hystersisters! You all helped me so much through some bad times. My overall poor health, plus obesity put me at a bad risk for this surgery. The surgeons were amazed that I came through it as well as I did. First, my faith in God, and second the care I have received from you sisters both by my posts and by others has led me to this point. God Bless you all and thank you!

Kathy71, thanks for your wishes. Keep up faith and try to have a positive attitude through it all, even if or when you have days getting you down. It helps so much. And keep posting. Someone is always so anxious to help, even if it is only a

Kathy54, I had general anaethesia, and they say the longer you are under, the harder it is on your body, plus the fact they couldn't get to the organs made it more difficult, so he said I will have a longer recovery. BUT, we'll see !! I have truly learned through this to have a more positive attitude and that other blessings come along. I hope my words have helped. Are you having your castle visit soon? I didn't see a date.

Thanks again, and God Bless to you sisters having surgery tomorrow!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register