My day is fast approaching and I have problems :( - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My day is fast approaching and I have problems :( My day is fast approaching and I have problems :(

Unread 04-16-2002, 06:39 PM
My day is fast approaching and I have problems :(

So hubby is throwing a hissy fit out of jealousy? Well, it's not HIS surgery! How old is he, by the way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2002, 08:25 PM
problem solved?? :)

Thanks to you all for your fast and friendly advice! By the way my hubby is nearly 37 LOL ! I don't feel as I should make any excuses for earlier this evening but.. he did just wake up from a 8 hour sleep after having just been awake for 24 hours due to work.. and flying and then driving 2 hours to get to a job site.. and another time change for him as well... soooo anywho.. I did get an apology phone call and I have let things simmer down as well. My son does have his homework caught up and I think it will be nice to have him with his stepfather as he is going to go buggy waiting all that time for the surgery to be over with. I am the lucky one.. when its all said and done I get medicated and they don't !
Again ty for all of the great advice it was awesome to spill my guts ( no pun intended) and get some relief with the pressure that is building within me.. I just want to get this **** thing said and done and get on with my life! I just finished my last shift at work for about 8 weeks so now I can go to bed with a big 'ol grin on my face! Again and again ty for your cares...
SophieB
Unread 04-16-2002, 08:34 PM

Hi. At my castle, they only allowed 1 family member in the prep area at a time. My mother and husband took 30 minute shifts during my 2 hour prep session. I had more people waiting in the waiting room. I slept most of that day and was not up to visitors until the next afternoon. I felt bad that people took time out of there busy schedules to be with me when I was out of it. Also, too many visitors at a time can be very tiring. I wanted a private room but there were none available. It would have only cost me an additional $20 per day. My roommates had company all day and NIGHT!!!! Many visitors do not follow the rules. Do what's best for you and find out what your hospital allows. Y ou might not want anyone hanging around. I didn't need visitors (during prep) when I was being shaved. Hello!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 05:25 AM
Your loving son

Sophie,

Your first post sounds like something I might have posted. My oldest son (now 19) is very protective of me and if he still lived at home, I know he would insist on being at the hosp. during surgery. I was with him during two 'tubes in ears' as well as sinus surgery. He would not take 'no' for an answer.

I would like to think my husband would understand that it is more for the son than the patient.

As it is, he is out of the nest (about 400 miles away) and I have asked him not to come home for the surgery, but maybe after I am feeling better. My other boys are 14 and 16 and with surgery still more than five weeks away, it hasn't occurred to them yet. If the 16 year old wants to be there, I would try to make him understand that it will be a loooooong day, with nothing to do and that I will probably not be up to much visiting until the following day. he will probably offer, but not insist. I definitely want to see them both the following day, to reassure them I am okay (I will be okay!).

My husband insists on going to my pre-op and staying at the hospital all day on the day of surgery. After reading posts here, I am thinking of asking friends to wait until I am home to visit. I have a sister and brother who live locally, and they are welcome to stop by at the castle, as long as they treat me like a princess.

I hope everything works out between your family members. Let us know.

Nancy
Unread 04-17-2002, 07:59 AM

Well what I have been telling everyone, is that when I come out of surgery I am sure I will be in and out of it, and they basically know that the first day I will be snoozing, so they won't come up or call that day, my dh will call everyone and let them know how it went.

And I gave my DS the choice but I told him he probably would be bored, he asked if I wanted him there he would be there, I told him no go to school and he can visit me after school.

So just the DH will be there which is just fine! He has things lined up to do already, this is a new hospital and his company built it, and he was on the job a few times, and some of the guys are still there so he will visit with them, while waiting for me to come out of surgery. So he won't be alone.

archide

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register