Have got so many thoughts going on!! - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Have got so many thoughts going on!! Have got so many thoughts going on!!

Unread 04-20-2002, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the Hugs

Thank a bunch for the and for your thoughtfulness.

I am feeling more positive and looking ahead to the surgery.

Today I am planning with my family and going over the
responsibilities and that makes me feel better.

I think I have my bleeding figured out. Seems like I have a
heavy outburst of bleeding at end of each week, than turns
into a steady, slow flow..........then the swelling, cramping,
etc, begins again and BOOM, another outburst. That seems
to be my cycle.

Anyway, I am taking it easy, and don't know about next week.
My boss and staff completely understand, but I really like
my job and missing 6 wks is enough, let alone another 1 1/2.

Still praying for all here and hope you all keep me in your yours.

kaymac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 08:23 AM
Have got so many thoughts going on!!

Welcome to Hyster Sisters Kaymac!

I hope you have been finding your way around okay. Have you read the pull-down menus on the main page yet? They contain tons of good information for pre-op and post-op! To get there just click on the 3 princesses in the upper left corner of this page.

I'm sorry you are having heavy bleeding, I went through that too, it's not fun! I am surprised though about your doctor taking your ovaries. I had the basic dealie with my surgeon, if the ovaries look okay, leave them in. I'm the same age you are and unless you are having problems with cysts, etc. maybe they could leave them in? I was having hormonal problems and they had me on Prempro for HRT as well as Premarin at the beginning of my journey. I am not on any HRT now and my ovaries are functioning, as far as I know! As always, everyone is different, but discuss this with your hubby and the surgeon, as you may be able to avoid this at your age.

Sara
Unread 04-20-2002, 08:35 AM
Have got so many thoughts going on!!

Laura Jean - how I remember what you are going through. Had a TAH/BSO this past Monday (4-15), home on Wednesday. We are the same age with children the same age. I felt the same as you when reality hit that their would be no little ones running around. I guess that's a hormone thing !!! I am overweight and I will tell you I have had a swelly belly. Walking and GasX are a wonderful way to relieve the pressure. I also found that using my daughters body pillow has helped tremendously. I can put it between my legs, sorta under my belly and cuddle the top. It has helped to relax me when I'm laying down.

As far as bigger panties - I bought two pair of the biggest maternity underpants I could find (WalMart). My hospital gave me underwear that were great -- kinda a heavy mesh/gauze bikini style. They let the air in, but didn't affect the incision at all (mine is vertical). They gave me a couple of pair to bring home and it did help absorb some of the sweat, but let air reach the incision. As far as pads, my hospital had normal pads (not the slim ones) but they were ok when placed in the mesh underpants. I had a bag packed for the hospital, but the only thing I used and would suggest is a pair of slip on slippers with a tread bottom so you don't slip and a robe that ties. With the IV I couldn't get my arm in the sleeve so I wrapped it under my armpit, slipped on the good arm and tied in the front. I was the princess of the ward.

You'll be fine and afterwards will be so glad you did this. It has only been six days for me and I already feel so much better. Get the yucky stuff out and look forward to feeling much better.

Our prayers are with you, keep sending us messages when you are feeling down. We are here to help you and give you those much needed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 05:51 PM
Sara, about the ovaries

Sara,

If you had a hormone imbalance, did your doctor say anything about removing them, because they may balance hormones afterward?

My doc is leaving it up to me, but I am so confused. I feel if I have the same hormone problems, my skin, hair loss, and swelling will remain. But it is my choice.

And he warned me about reg cks on ovaries, and the possibility of ovarian cancer, and he and his wife would recommend taking them out.

kaymac

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register