Cyst removal, keep the uterus or not? - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cyst removal, keep the uterus or not? Cyst removal, keep the uterus or not?

Unread 04-17-2002, 02:37 PM
Cyst removal, keep the uterus or not?

I heard many people have large growths and don't notice. It happens. We like to think we're more in tune with our bodies than we actually are, I guess.

Sounds like you're in pain a lot. It will be a relief for you to have that behind you.

Thanks for the heating pad tip! I did not know about those.

As long as you're using a heating pad, have you tried castor oil packs? Saturate a folded piece of flannel cloth with castor oil, place it on your abdomen, place a piece of plastic over that, and then your heating pad. The plastic is to protect the heating pad from the oil. I use a hot water bottle in a plastic shopping bag. It's as comforting as a heating pad, but the castor oil is said to improve your immune system. It certainly can't hurt. It's been recommended to use it an hour a day three or more times a week.

Time to go. If I can, I'll check back later tonight, otherwise, talk to everyone tomorrow!

Lots of Love to all my new sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 02:52 PM
Keep or Not

Kelly,

Reading what has happened so far, you have to look at what is best for you. The fear alone will make you stronger.
Unread 04-17-2002, 04:02 PM

Hi .......
I too was a little surprised after my surgery. I had a large cyst on my ovaries and the tubes were adhered to my bowels. I knew going into surgery that my uterus was also enlarged and got the impression the doc was going to remove it also. You can imagine my surprise when I came out of surgery and was told they only took tubes and ovaries. I am 53 yrs old and that oven hasn't been used in a long time. Now my biggest fear is somewhere down the line because of the already enlarged uterus they will be doing another surgery. This sounds terrible but I almost wish when they do the bladder repair and rectocele repair on the 30th of this month, they just take the uterus then. I don't think it is doing me any good to keep it but of course I am not a doctor and don't really understand how beneficial it was to keep the uterus.
Lorraine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 04:07 PM

Kelly, I would definitely contact my doctor about any medication before surgery. I was told none, nothing, zilcho, for 7 days prior to surgery. Please, call and check with them.

I can relate to the pain. I'm a lil short thing and I was in so much pain I would take one 600 mg Motrin and 2 500 mg Tylenol and still have pain. That would just take the edge off! The doctor told me that Motrin will tear up your stomach. I didn't ever have a problem with that...never thought about it till she told me! Anyhow, I'm not in any pain, I cannot tell you the last time I had a headache, hm, maybe the day before surgery?

If I can help, please let me know!

Sara

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register