Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 25-Aug 31,2014 - Page 69 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 25-Aug 31,2014 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 25-Aug 31,2014

Unread 09-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 25-Aug 31,2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnywhite View Post
While I'm sorry to hear that so many of us are in the same place it's weirdly nice to know I'm not alone. Sending healing thoughts & prayers to all.
Thanks so much for your replies!
Misery loves company. Ha! Proud member of the feeling crummy 2-3 weeks post op club.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Wink - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 25-Aug 31,2014 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 25-Aug 31,2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25august View Post
Well, I overdid it too. First time. I just really wanted to see my two year old grandbaby since it's been two months. I thought I was doing fine. Reclined in car for hour and a half drive there and hour and a half back. Stayed an hour and a half and sat on couch with feet up. I thought I was so careful but have my first swelly belly. I guess my body knew it wasn't normal. Laying on couch for the rest of my life!
25august, I hear you about being on the couch the rest of my life! I've been catching on all the TV, I've been missing. I've watched 3 different marathons this week: Cold Case, American Pickers, and How the states got their shapes. I hope I don't gain weight from this. I haven't been eating too much junkfood, so we'll see. I feel like I look like a hippo: a short woman with a huge round stomach.
Unread 09-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 25-Aug 31,2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnywhite View Post
I'm 19 days post-op (LAVH) today and the last three days I'm feeling more tired and sore especially around the vaginal cuff area. I have two teenagers so I thought going out for "coffee" with them and even going to a cute boutique with my daughter (I sat, she shopped) would be fine. We're experiencing lovely weather right now and I wanted to take advantage of some walks and such.
I felt amazing last week and am feeling a bit bummed that I'm now having to put myself in bed for the rest of the day. I thought I was taking it slow with short walks and sitting most of the time when I'm out but maybe not.
Anyone else experiencing short energy boosts followed by feeling completely wiped out and sore?
I wonder if the 'sitting' might be causing pain on your cuff, too. I think our body weight, might be 'weighing' on it, too, if you know what I mean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2014, 04:29 PM

I'm in the club too. Very achy in what I think is the vaginal cuff area. Was out and about carting my daughter around today. Now home in front of TV. I have been on ibuprofen but decided to switch to acetaminophen for a dose because I read on here that NSAIDs could be contributing to the bleeding and I know NSAIDs long term aren't good. But the acetaminophen isn't really touching the pain. Has anyone else strayed from the NSAIDs? I'm going back after this dose wears off. Hope everyone has a restful evening. Watching a sappy hallmark movie now.
Unread 09-13-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlunchbreak View Post
I wonder if the 'sitting' might be causing pain on your cuff, too. I think our body weight, might be 'weighing' on it, too, if you know what I mean.
Very good point, I was laying down much more last week.

Yes AdrianPost, that is a true statement.
Here's to us all getting better
Unread 09-13-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlunchbreak View Post
Reclining is much better than sitting. Even sitting can do damage. Not to mention make us sore. Lay back and take the pressure off.
Unread 09-13-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac Queen View Post
I'm in the club too. Very achy in what I think is the vaginal cuff area. Was out and about carting my daughter around today. Now home in front of TV. I have been on ibuprofen but decided to switch to acetaminophen for a dose because I read on here that NSAIDs could be contributing to the bleeding and I know NSAIDs long term aren't good. But the acetaminophen isn't really touching the pain. Has anyone else strayed from the NSAIDs? I'm going back after this dose wears off. Hope everyone has a restful evening. Watching a sappy hallmark movie now.
I started using Naproxen. I found it worked much better for me than the Ibuprofen.
Unread 09-13-2014, 07:27 PM

Count me in for the Crumby Club. Sorry I'm late for the meeting... I was in my second home, the bathroom. Yahhhh... It's been quite the weekend.

Constipation? Back with a vengeance despite hydrating tons and eating high fiber, high probiotic food. However, thanks to you gals, I'm out of agony. I tried milk of magnesia for the first time in my life because many of you swore by it. Now here's MY review of milk of magnesia: Hallelujah!

Energy? MIA. Nowhere to be found. I slept 12 hours in the last 24.

Belly pain? Annoyingly ever-present.

The icing on the cake is that my lymph nodes are swollen all under my jaw, as is one in my right armpit. So clearly my body is fighting. I do have one incision of the four that I'm very concerned about. It's so small (half an inch at most) but has become angry red in the last two days. Unlike you gals, I can't go see my surgeon easily, since he's a 10 hour drive away. And the thought of going to the ER and possibly picking up MRSA or worse made me choose for home care for the moment. Fortunately, I have a lot of experience with wound care (for myself and others), so I know exactly what to monitor for. I know that if any fever or nausea starts, I have to throw in the towel and get myself to urgent care for antibiotic treatment. So I'm silently urging my body to kick into high gear and quash this thing right now and not let it escalate.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I will have better news tomorrow to report.

In the meantime, I'm giving all of you in the Crumby Club a huge hug. For those of you in the Feeling Fine or Fabulous Club, don't be shy to say it. There should be no guilt in feeling good :-) We'll all be back there soon enough!
Unread 09-13-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgo! View Post
Kittynyc, that is a huge accomplishment. What coping strategies did you use to get through the stress without leaning on cigarettes?
I wish I could say I had a strategy. What I was hoping for was by quitting the day of surgery (12:19AM on Aug 29) that any physical withdrawal symptoms over the next couple of days would be overshadowed by the pain meds and the pain of surgical recovery. I think that part worked. I felt no withdrawals because of all the other things my body had to deal with. I've been wanting to quit for awhile but had no motivations. I still enjoyed smoking up until I quit. I just couldn't justify it anymore after the cancer diagnosis. So I quit cold turkey basically. No patch although the hospital did offer it. No gum. Nada. For me, I think it was a decision I was so sure about that there has been no reason for me to want to go back to it. Sounds too simple I know. I'm still kind of surprised by it so far. I used to smoke 2 packs a day for almost 15 years! That's a lot of cigarettes!

Anyway...

Day 15: Headache. Not sure why I got it. That was strange. I also walked a mile from my friend's house today rather briskly. I came home and passed out. Day 5 of discharge. Pelvic pains unnoticable today for the first time. Still get tired more easily than I use to before surgery but not overly so. I'm not even taking Tylenol as of this morning. Urine pain is about the same as yesterday.
Unread 09-13-2014, 08:01 PM

I likely have an infection. My Dr prescribed Cephalexin. Between Cephalexin or Doxycycline I hope to kick whatever is going on. I mentioned I felt like I had the flu with muscle aches well they aren't going away.
So anyways, here goes. It's a good thing I've been eating lots of yogurt and taking probiotics.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register