New and Thank You | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New and Thank You New and Thank You

Unread 04-17-2002, 07:23 AM
New and Thank You

I found this site either accidentally or by divine guidance yesterday. I'm a great big baby weenie chicken, and scheduled for a TAH/LSO on 5/1. I've never never been pregnant nor had so much as a stitch in my 49 years, and have been feeling quite terrified. God must be blessing every woman who has shared her experiences with the rest of us. I will continue to be scared until it's over, but the support shown here is wonderful. I would really appreciate a sister, because I only have brothers. I have some wonderful sisters-in-law, but none of them have been thru this. Thank you, everybody.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 07:27 AM
WELCOME

Hi,

Just wanted to welcome you to hystersisters, and say how glad we are to have you join the group!!! The ladies here are absolutely wonderful, and will do a great job of holding your hand and calming your fears and worries!!!

I will be praying that you have a nice stay in the hospital and an uneventful recovery!!!

Lots and lots of hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. I'm a big baby weenie chicken too!!!!
Unread 04-17-2002, 07:37 AM
Hi Sis

Bonnie,

So glad you found us. Having two wonderful biological sisters, I can tell you that there's nothing like a sister. Now you have a whole computer full of them!! Welcome to hystersisters.

We all find this spot by divine intervention. I know I was trying to decipher medical lingo at other sites and becoming frustrated until I ended up here. I haven't even been back to the others!

When you have time, browse through the post-op message board as well, to see what a wide range of experiences we all have.

I find myself crying (tears of joy) often while surfing through the message boards. It is so full of wonderful sisters with an abundance of love and understanding. No one seems judgemental, which makes it much easier to post any question at all.

So we'll be looking for your questions, your input and your opinions. I think lots of us are on this site off and on all day long. I know I am!

Prayers,
Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 07:53 AM
Welcome!!

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the site myself (end of March), but there is a wealth of valuable information here. And even better than all of the great info is the wonderful support and caring from our HysterSisters.

I also checked out a couple of other sites and message boards, but once I found HysterSisters, I never went back to any others. I've recommended this site to several ladies, and also suggested that my GYN refer his patients to this site. He said he would check it out and see what he thinks.

Best wishes with your surgery. And a great big from me.

Lisa

Unread 04-17-2002, 08:01 AM
New and Thank You

Hi Bonnie and welcome to Hyster Sisters! !!
I have no biological sisters but I feel that I have tons of sisters here!

If I can help in any way, please let me know!

Have you been reading the pull downs on the main page? Just click on the 3 princesses in the upper left corner and you will be on the main page. There is a ton of information on this site and the search feature has saved me from hunting too much!

Sara
Unread 04-17-2002, 08:02 AM
Hey Sister

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!! I have one warning and it is called Addiction to Hystersisters. I have been happy and excited ever since I found this site. I know that you will find plenty of comfort. Like you, I don't have a sister only a brother and my sister-in-law is a lovely person but, she is much younger and has not experienced any of these problems.

Take care and God Bless You
Unread 04-17-2002, 03:52 PM
Welcome

Bonnie,

Hello and welcome. I have no sisters or sister-in-laws, so this site is full of sisters for us. Read all you can and ask all the questions you can of us sisters and your doctor. We are all here to help you.

Good luck.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register