Endometrial biopsy...........waiting for results | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometrial biopsy...........waiting for results Endometrial biopsy...........waiting for results

Unread 04-17-2002, 07:26 AM
Endometrial biopsy...........waiting for results

I've had 2 vaginal sonos both showing thickened lining.........the 2nd sono was purposely scheduled right after my period so that my lining should've been thinned out again. Seems the doctor's office never got a report on the Oct. sono. and I didn't think to call and check. Just figured they'd call if there was a problem. Am now having constant pain very low in my pelvic area. Went to the gyn. on 4/12. He suggested we try 3 mos. b/c pills first. Before I left the office the sono. report from Oct. came.......he said the report showed that even a few days after my period my lining was still thick. Said we couldn't do the b/c pills until we did an endometrial biopsy. So we did that on Fri. I was a nervous wreck and still am waiting for results (said it should take about a week). I have been spotting and cramping ever since. Does this sound normal? Anybody have any input or similar diagnosis???

Princess Amy4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 09:05 AM
Hi

I am glad your doctor took the precaution of doing the endometrial biopsy for you. I don't know if you should still be having the cramping and spotting now. Please give the doc a call and let him know you are still have symptoms.

The thickening could be caused by any number of things. I don't want to guess, because I can't, and I do not want to cause you any uncessary worry. I know it is hard to wait. I am sorry you are having pain too. Hang in there. Hopefully they will call soon with news that whatever is going on can be easily treated.

Please let us know what you find out. We are here for you.

Unread 04-17-2002, 09:14 AM
Endometrail Biopsy

Hi Seeshelley,

I've had two endometrial biopsy in the past few years. Wonderful things, aren't they?

Some cramping and spotting is normal, but if you aren't feeling better after this amount of time, you probably should call you doctor and see what he says.

My doctor explained about the thickening. Evidentially if you miss periods or have irregular periods, the lining can overgrow (his word). The biopsy will show if this is the case, and what might be causing it.

Good luck, and let me know how it turns out. You're in my prayers.

Lisa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 11:40 AM
Biopsy

Yes, I had a lot of cramping and bleeding after mine. The bleeding lasted about a day and a half, but the cramping longer. What a procedure, eh? I screamed during mine!
My results came back benign (This was in December). Still, here I am scheduled for surgery Monday morning. The doc says probably the endo is everywhere, and I concur. I wish you the best. Get your feet up! You deserve it!
Terri
Unread 04-17-2002, 12:30 PM
Endometrial biopsy...........waiting for results

Thank you so much for the quick replies.........you don't know how much it's appreciated!!!!
The other thing I'm thinking is that the biopsy might've rushed my regular period...........I'm trying to just think positive and be brave, but it's hard. I have a very high pain tolerance and don't usually whine, so I'm trying to just work through this.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register