Were do i find ideas of what i should bring to the hospital! - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Were do i find ideas of what i should bring to the hospital! Were do i find ideas of what i should bring to the hospital!

Unread 04-18-2002, 04:30 AM
Tummy Pillow

I'm making my own tummy pillow. I bought the stuffing at a craft store and you won't believe what I'm using for the cover... a ladies tube top that cost $1.50 at a local department store. It is lavendar and a very soft material, and just the perfect size. Just stuf and sew up the two sides.

This is one of my projects I've planned to keep me busy and my mind off the fact that my best friend, a guy I've spent all my time with for the last six years and who I adore, is moving to Miami May 4. The distraction should work for oh, five minutes or so. What a rotten time he picked to move!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 04:35 AM
Things I didn't use

Hi,

I packed all my own stuff and nightgowns and slippers. I stayed in the hospital 5 nights and I didn't use any of my own things.

My hospital gowns were used cause I had a cathetar for 4 nights and IV's for the whole 6 days. I used their slippers, they supplied everything, toothbrush and paste, shampoo, soap, lotion, I really wasted my time packing at home. I didn't pack a robe and I did need one for walking. I used one of the hospitals robes. I hope this helps you out. Good luck and talk to you soon. xxoo Paula
Unread 04-18-2002, 04:47 AM
tummy pillow

Sorry I'm back..............my hospital even supplied the tummy pillow. They are very good about these little details where I live. I didn't need slippers or anything. They had me in white stockings for 3 days and their slippers with the non skid bottoms. And at times I had on these leggy things that plugged into this power pack and made my legs vibrate to prevent blood clots. Oh well don't over pack but if you do you can use the stuff at home. bye again...........Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 05:38 AM
tummy pillows and CD players

I brought two bed pillows with me, which helped a lot, but the hospital did give me a tummy pillow - I was on the OB floor and they got me a "coughing pillow" they'd give someone with a C-section. And I used it, too! Still do - I tuck it in between me and the couch when I'm leaning against one side. It's just right.

About CD players - I know a woman who had a TAH who used a personal-sized CD player during her surgery, even though she was asleep. She's convinced the soothing music helped her. I brought a portable CD player to the hospital - I found out after I was moved into my room after recovery that I had a private room, so I didn't need the headphone thingee I'd brought in case I'd had a semi-private room. I brought whatever CDs I thought I might want to hear (about 5) and I played them quietly. I was really glad I'd brought it. This was at a small hospital by most people's standards. They never said I couldn't have it in my room. But if you're concerned that someone might take it, just skip it and watch tv. I didn't read anything I brought, either.

I also used the hospital's gowns, robes, socks, etc. and I used their pads, too - I felt more confident with their larger pads than with my smaller ones and the larger ones came up in front enough to cover one of my incisions (the one just above the pubic bone - I had an LAVH/LSO). I used my big, big undies. I wore jeans to the hospital and brought sweatpants to wear home. That worked out fine.

I hope all you ladies in waiting have great surgeries and restful, complete recoveries.

s and s to you,

Sue

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register