Lavh | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-17-2002, 10:42 AM
Lavh

I have been on and off reading messages on your site and I don't see much on LAVH. Has any of you had this done? I know that it is an easier procedure and they say recovery time is much better, but I was interested in a point-of-view on someone that had this procedure. I'm scheduled for a TAH w/LSO but now I'm getting a 2nd opinion because my option could be a LAVH.
Penelope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 12:15 PM
Lavh

Hi Penelope,
I didn't have the LAVH done but i am scheduled to in two weeks. My GYN Dr. wants to perform it that way but there is less recovery time. She said that it may end up doing TAH because of running into difficulties. So I don't know what I will wake up to. I am really hoping she can do the LAVH on me. The reason she is not 100% sure is because my uterus is stuck so she says. Maybe endo. or adhesions is the reason why it is not movable.

So maybe that could be an option for you.
I know this is not exactly what you are looking for but I thought maybe it would help a little in making a choice.

Maybe someone will answer you that had it done.

Thinking of you, Lori
Unread 04-17-2002, 12:35 PM
LAVH

Thanks Lori
I guess I will see what the 2nd opinion brings and what my Dr. now has to say. I wish you the best and hope you can go the way of LAVA.
I will be thinking of you too.
Penelope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 02:51 PM
Lavh

Hi Penelope~
I had a LAVH almost six weeks ago. I do think that the recovery time is shorter than a TAH just because of the fact that you don't have that large incision thru the muscle. I only had two small incisions that healed pretty quickly.....I was feeling *normal* within two weeks and got the go ahead to return to most activities within four weeks. The pain was tough the first day but after that I could manage on Ibuprofen and Visteral and after a week didn't even need that. I haven't had any complications and am for the most part feeling great!! My internal stitches have not disolved yet so I am still seeing my doctor every two weeks until they do......but other than that I'm 100% LAVH is a great alternative to TAH.....I hope you can do it!
Unread 04-17-2002, 02:59 PM
Penelope

Hugs. WELCOME.
Well I had a LAVH/RSO and bladder repair in Sept of last year. I would reccomend having a hyst this way if at all possible. I found that mine went really well, no actual pain after just abit uncomfortable and abit of backache.
Yes recovery can be little faster, but you have to remember there are many many internal stitches and you still should allow 6 to 8 weeks recovery. Only one chance to heal and that time frame is not alot out of our lives.
I now feel wonderful, it was the best thing that i ever did for myself. I wish you well with your 2nd opinion, and your up coming surgery. Hugs Vicki
Unread 04-17-2002, 03:10 PM
Hello there :)

I had an LAVH on 1/8 & it was so much easier......I have since talked several of my girlfriends who have had hyst. to go that route.

I was only in the hospital about 23 hours and was feeling like my old self by week 3.

I would highly recommend that you go this route also if it is at all possible.

Please feel free to e-mail me directly at working_4_endo@hotmail.com if you would like to chat more.

Best of luck,

Endo_Chic

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register