Tommorow is the big day !!!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tommorow is the big day !!!!! Tommorow is the big day !!!!!

Unread 04-17-2002, 11:35 AM
Tommorow is the big day !!!!!

Hello everyone,

Well I go in tommorow for my tvh w/bso. I am a total wreck today. I am sitting at home alone and just needed to talk to someone. I was going to clean the house from top to bottom today but can't keep my mind on it.

I have been suffering with fibroids and endometrioses for so long that it is hard to imagine what life is going to be like not having to deal with it. I kept putting this off untill my last check up showed pre-cancer so now it is time.

I just hope I am not losing my mind trying to get ready for this. One second I am excited and the next I am afraid. I JUST WANT IT OVER!! If anyone has any advise on how to get my emotions under controll please send them my way .

Thank You for being there and I will let you know how it turns out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 12:25 PM

I don't know if this helps or not, hope it does. Just think, in 24 hours or less, the surgery will be behind you. That's less than 2,040 minutes. In less time than that you'll be on your way to being better! It always has helped me to count the minutes when I'm in a situation I'd rather not be in. Best of luck to you, and many warm wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
Unread 04-17-2002, 03:28 PM
tomorrow is my day too! I am a wreck!

junerose
Do not feel alone....I am extremely nervous about tomorrow. I go from one extreme to another....hope they don't cancel me....hope they do. Scared of going asleep....scared of waking up during surgery. scared of bleeding too much....scared of blood clots.....It's nuts...I hope for you to have an uneventful surgery with a smoooooooth recovery! Next time we chat we will be punctured princesses!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 06:10 PM

Tomorrow is my day too and I feel fine. Last week seemed worse with the waiting. I took the day off of work to do so many things that did not get done. But what the heck, the dust will always come back so I'm not going to worry about it.

I'll be back on line soon and I will share my success story.

Good luck to all of us !!!
Unread 04-17-2002, 06:57 PM
its my day too

Don't feel alone - we are all in this together. Remember, we arent the first gals to have this done - let's try to look forward to posting on the other side

Oh, a small dose of Xanax is the ONLY thing that really kept me at bay - that and cleaning like a freak. But you are right, the dust will come back!

Hugs to all of you
Lisa
Unread 04-17-2002, 07:12 PM

Hello to all the April 18th ladies!

Wow, you guys are so lucky to have found each other on this thread! I had a buddy here at hystersisters who had her surgery the same day and time as me. That was almost 5 months ago and we still e-mail each other. Just having each other there, going through this at the same time, helped us make it through those last few hours.

You're almost there ladies. I know it is terrifying. There are so many things to worry about, but there are so many things to look forward to also... no more pain, no more horrible periods, you know the rest! I won't kid you, the first couple of weeks were not easy for me, but I feel like I am living a miracle now. I've actually told my gyn that, I really feel like this is a miracle to be living without pain.

Keep a positive attitude tomorrow. Know that you are surrounded by guardian angels as they take you into surgery. You are much stronger than you realize. You can do this. Sending hugs and prayers to all of you!

Beth
Unread 04-17-2002, 09:39 PM

Best wishes for tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be just fine. The surgery itself isn't so bad. Sometimes the recovery can be painful, or worse -- boring.

Just be sure to have someone check on you regularly. You might need a friend or family member to help you out.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register