Back From Pre-Op! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back From Pre-Op! Back From Pre-Op!

Unread 04-17-2002, 11:55 AM
Back From Pre-Op!

Well.. phew! No bowel prep! That was my biggest 'fear' I had suspected a mild prolapse, and ta da ~ yeppers.. got one. Doc wasn't surprised and said that 'might' be the reason why I have constant pain.

All things went well at the pre-op. Doc doesn't think she will have any troubles getting uterus / cervix out vaginally. PHEW! She said she does NOT like to have to do abdominal cause of the extended recovery. I go in on Tuesday, the 23rd and will be released from castle on Thursday, the 25th. Providing there are not any complications, etc. I will NOT use PCA Pump.. she said cause there has been some studies done on it, and she prefers to use shots. So, it will be Demerol IV and Toradol for me while in castle. Percocet upon discharge.

I will recover on the post-partum side........ hmmm..... not sure if this bothers me or not. Anywho.. that's about it for now. 6 more days to go.

Oh yeah.. asked doc for something for nerves, she said no cause of the darvocet i am on.. she is afraid there might be some reaction between the two. She told me to just take the darvocet and try and keep my mind busy (haha tell my tummy to stop.. been in the bathroom pretty much constantly since monday morning). OK, that's it for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 01:26 PM
Back From Pre-Op!

Hi, Amy! Well, you're one step closer after making it through pre op. It sounds like your dr spent time answering your questions. Now, if only the next six days would just fly by for you! Waiting is hard, but I think you'll be glad you went through all this when you get to the post op side. s and best wishes!
Ruthie
Unread 04-17-2002, 02:47 PM
question?

amy s, I am glad all this will be over for you soon! I wish my surgery was tuesday, thats my pre-op apt. date, i go in the castle on the 25th, just 2 days after you, yeah! Did i read right you will be recovering on the post partum side, i guess that kind of makes sense. I would definitely bring ear plugs, that side of the ward gets lots of visitors(you know new babies and all).I wanted to give you a bit of info. about the percocet that you will get after surgery(for home recovery),that is if you have never had it before.If you are not in a lot of pain and you keep it under control before your first dose.Iwould cut the pill in half. I have severe endo. and have been taking percocet for about a year now to keep the pain under control.It took me awhile to get use to how strong they are(they are a derivitive of morphine),they might make you kind of nauseas. I hope the stay in the castle is like a fairytale lol,and i wish you the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 04:26 PM
Feather

I have had percocet before, but thanks for the advice. I do usually split them up. Here is what I do: cut pill in half, take 1 half of it. Wait 1 hour, take the other half. This way, I am getting the full dose of 1 whole pill, but not all at once so it upsets my stomach.

Best Wishes to you, Also!

Unread 04-17-2002, 11:51 PM
Back From Pre-Op!

Hi Amy,

Ya, I thought it was a prolapse too. I guess your body does not want that uterus anymore. It's coming out one way or the other!
Sorry about all your pain. Recovery should be a breeze after all you've been through.
After surgery, give us a post here too. Good Luck..hang in there.

Maralyn

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register