New Here | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-17-2002, 12:48 PM
New Here

Hi, I am having a TAH on May 15. I have no idea what to expect. I have heard that I will feel 100 percent better. So very nervous about the whole thing. I was supposed to have this surgery on April 12, but the kids and I had walking pneumonia. So naturally they wouldn't do the surgery. Hopefully, those of you that have had it done can help me out with some questions I may have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 12:55 PM
New Here

You bet we can. Just tell us what your questions are and we'll answer them. However, remember that each person is different and we are not giving you medical advice, just our own personal experiences for you to compare.

Let us know what you are wondering.
Unread 04-17-2002, 12:56 PM
New Here

Hi and welcome to Hyster Sisters!

Sorry to hear about your illness! Wow, that had to have been rough on you!

Have you read the pull-down menus yet? I found a lot of my answers there and of course from sisters that have been there and are now es. You can find them on the main page. To get there from here, just click on the 3 princesses in the upper left corner of this page.

I feel 1000000% better than I did! I have no pain or bleeding, but remember everyone is different and they heal at their own rate. I am at 7 weeks post-op, today and I feel terrific!!

Ask any questions you may have and I'm sure we'll all try to answer them!

Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 12:57 PM
New Here

Hello.
I'm having a TAH on May 1st. I don't know what to expect, either, but if you read through the Princesses' experiences, you may get a pretty good idea. It helped me immensely, and I'm not nearly as scared (yet) as I was (but my surgery was also postponed for a week and I'm still flying high on my "reprieve"). Good luck to you!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register