Waiting | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-17-2002, 02:43 PM
Waiting

Hi all:

I am new to this site. When I subscribed I just read a lot of what was posted. I really has made me feel better about what I am going through and what to espect. My date is set for 4/24/02 @ 9:00 am for a TAHThis date has been set for two week. And there is so much that one goes through.

Any suggetions will be very helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 02:54 PM
KC

WELCOME11 So glad to have you join us. You will find this site the best you will find for hyst support, hugs and brownies.
Please feel free to post any specific questions you have. Read the pull down menus, and hey even pop into chat for even more support. we would love to see you there. Chat is a great way to pass the time while waiting for the big day.
I wish you all the best with your up coming surgery, you will do well and we are all there for you. Hugs Vicki AKA Smilie
Unread 04-17-2002, 08:11 PM
Waiting

LC,
HI! I am also going in on 4/24 so I guess that makes us supersisters!! LOL
I know what you are going through all the thoughts in your head and the nervousness.
I am having a TVH with bladder repair and I am going in at 6:00am for all the pre-tests and the surgery is starting at 7:30am.
I have been waiting for three months for this day to finally come. My doctor believes in long waits!! LOL
I am nervous and glad all at the same time just to get this thing over and done with already.
This will be my very first surgery so I'm sorry I can't help you with any questions since I have enough of them myself, but I am glad to have a sister who will be going through it with me on the same day!
Take care and I hope that you have a great recovery.
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 09:37 PM
Waiting

I'm sure you'll be just fine. The surgery itself isn't so bad. Sometimes the recovery can be painful, or worse -- boring.

Just be sure to have someone check on you regularly. You might need a friend or family member to help you out.
Unread 04-17-2002, 10:53 PM
Waiting

Welcome to the best site on the Web!

Everyone here who has had their surgery will tell you that yes, the waiting is the absolute worst. I am now four weeks post and can hardly remember how stressed out I was, but I do remember that everyone seemed to run in the other direction every time they saw me coming! I pretty much cried and yelled for about two months, gee I guess maybe that was why nobody wanted to be around me? ha ha

You will do fine with your surgery, here's to a smooth hospital experience and a great recovery. Be sure to keep posting and reading here, and join us in chat sometime - we have a lot of fun over there, and a lot of your questions and concerns can be addressed there too.
Unread 04-17-2002, 11:07 PM
Waiting

The most important thing is to follow ALL of your doctor's instructions. Get plenty of rest, drink lots of water, don't do any housework. I had a LAVH on 2/8/02. My surgery went very well and my recovery has been going extremely well. Visit the post-op site often to ask questions and to share your experience. Take care.
Unread 04-20-2002, 08:10 AM
Waiting with Friends

I think I'm going to :cry:. This is the scariest thing I have every had to do. But it has come down to my health and what is best for me.

My doctor is not sure if I can keep my ovaries because of the cyst they had to remove before. The right one she said was full of them and part of it was removed. The left had one are two which were removed.

Right now this site is really the only support I have. Yes, people do run when they see you coming. They surgery time changed to 6:30 am. I guess that is good. Five more days of thinking, cleaning and waiting.

I pick of the All Famous Drink w/no taste. Plus I'll be on a liquid diet for the day before.

Thanks for the replies. This make me feel better.
Unread 04-20-2002, 08:15 AM
Waiting

LC! Welcome to Hyster Sisters!

Have you read the pull-down menus yet on the main page? To get there, just click on the 3 princesses in the upper left corner on this page. There is a ton of information there that helped me with the pre and post part of the surgery!

Psssssssst the waiting is the worst part!

Sara

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register