lavh/bs&o april 15th | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

lavh/bs&o april 15th lavh/bs&o april 15th

Unread 04-17-2002, 04:13 PM
lavh/bs&o april 15th

am doing fine, was in alot less pain after surgery thatn i had been in years. couldn't remember the last time mylowere back didn't hurt. then they gave me the demerol, that made me toss the cookies taht weren't in my stomach. my surgery was scheduled for 7:30a-and i guess i got in there about 8:14a--was out by 9:30a and up in my room by 10:3oa. didn't have solid food til morning. came home about 1:3p tues. continued darvocet until today. am feeling pretty good. sitting is the most uncomfortable position to be in, even though i've got a pillow under me. haven't had a bm since i've been home (can't wait for that to happen.) as everyon else says walk, walk,walk. oh and if possible, put some obstacles in your path you have to step over to make you lift your feet. (cats worked well for me here) good luck to all of you who are getting ready to go through this. and (broken record) waiting is harder and remember to walk. bye for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 04:50 PM
So good to hear from you!!

Glad to hear that all went well for you. May I ask you a question? I am scheduled for a tah/bso june 10th, and I was wondering what HRT they put you an, and how you were doing with it. This is the part that I am still struggling with. My mom, dad, DH and doc have all advised that i have the ovaries removed. I was really hoping to keep tham as I am only 33, but they all had great arguments for losing them. My mom had hers removed 13 years ago, and has been on premarin for 13 years, hasn't ever had to adjust the dosage. It worked for her from the very beginning. I'm hoping I'm as lucky as she was, but we are so different physically, inside and out!!!

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble.

Good Luck, and I'm praying for you!

Unread 04-17-2002, 07:57 PM
lavh/bs&o april 15th

domestic goddess you may ask any questons you need to ask. it seems to an unwritten rule of this sight. i am on an estroidal patch called climara .05 md/day. (thank the dr for putting it on upside down so i can read it) so far i have not had any symptoms of menepause. no hot flashes, night sweats, crying, nothing. i, too, am only 33 years old, with no children. this was a big decision for me. but my life was revolving around the pain from the endo, which didn't leave much time for fun. there are a lot of sights out there and a lot of information read as much of it as you can. and talk with your dr about anything and everything you ? or don't understand.i asked my dr whether i would be immediatly on hrt and when she said yes i asked what kind. that way i was able to read up on it before being put on it. don't let anyone force you into any decision. it is your body and only you will know what is right for it.i, too am now rambling, so good luck and ask as many ? as needed to help you with this important decision.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register