The funniest part of my TAH was... - Page 8 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

The funniest part of my TAH was... The funniest part of my TAH was...

Unread 05-30-2002, 09:47 PM
My funniest moment was....

I had my TAH/BSO on 4/18. My funniest moment was when they brought me back to my room after everything was all over with. I can tell you the medicine they give you will make you talk and talk and say things you don't even know you said. When they brought me back to my room I proudly announced to everyone that I had just given birth to a uterus and two ovaries. When hubby told me that I didn't believe him but one of my nurses came in and confirmed that I really said it. I was so embarrassed. Hubby was too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2002, 10:42 PM
The funniest part of my TAH was...

I went out and got Wal-Mart smiley stickers from the person that greets you when you go in.

Somehow I thought this was apropriate because you go in Wal-Mart to get stuff and come back out.....or as my real sister says, go in to get defective stuff and come back out.....depending on your Wal-Mart. LOL

Anyway, I had stuck 3 stickers on my belly below my navel and my docs loved it!
Unread 05-31-2002, 08:15 AM
My Surgery Success

I finally asked my Doc what he thought of the stickers. He said that is the reason that my surgery was a success, and that he thought that it was very funny.

I put 2 smiley stickers (from Hallmark) and a close caption (From Wal-Mart) above each. One said "Are we having fun yet?", the other had an inside joke, that only the Doc and I knew. I am sure he shared with his colleagues(SP).

Anyway, Dr. told me that it is nothing new for the hospital staff to play these jokes on each other. He gave me an example: One male Dr. woke up from his Operation with a pair of pantyhose on!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2002, 07:58 PM

Hi!

I just found this web site tonight, one week after my hysterectomy, and I really, really wish I'd found it before. . . this is great. . .and I would've loved doing the sticker thing!

Am I the only one who wanted an "I Survived a Hysterectomy 2002" t-shirt? I remember when my ob/gyn delivered my daughter by c-section that he gave her the cutest little pink t-shirt that said "Dr. S--'s Stork Club." Well, I want a hysterectomy survival t-shirt!!! Any ideas about the design????? Maybe me flying on a roller coaster with my uterus in one hand and my left ovary (I kept my right) in the other?????

Woman power!!
Unread 06-29-2002, 06:58 PM
Stickers are perfect....but a moose??

I have been laughing so much reading the "sticker stuff". But I have to share my little ha ha with you. My sister bought me a stuffed moose in a dress which was awaiting me once I returned from surgery in my hospital room. It has this fabulous crooked smile. I got pretty nauseated the day after my surgery and felt the urgent "urge to purge". I sat up in my bed and my sister grabbed whatever she could quickly find to catch whatever contents might be expelled. As we "post ops" know,this is NOT a fun thing at all! Anyway, as I sat on the edge of the bed, it turned out to be just a LOT of air trapped and the most horrific noises came out of my mouth....nothing more than NOISE! I got so tickled with myself and could not believe such noises could come out of ones mouth! Then I made the mistake of turning my head, and there, propped up at the foot of my bed, was "The Moose" with the crooked smile gazing at me. My sister noticed it at the same time and all I could do was immediately motion for her to NOT say a word about it, as I knew I would start laughing uncontollably. We, to this day, have no idea how the moose got perfectly propped up at the foot of my bed. Although laughter IS the best medicine, at times such as this, it can be a bit painful. So just be sure to have your Hyster Sister pillow on hand!!!! Sure wish I had one when I had my hyster. Many blessings to you all!!!
Unread 06-29-2002, 07:35 PM
Funniest part of my TAH

My funny moment was being told (I don't remember, but it has been confirmed) that shortly after returning to my room from recovery I called the store that I manage and told the employee that answered the phone that "my surgery was a great success - they removed ALL of my teeth!!"

All I can say now, is that the drugs in the castle were VERY good!
Unread 06-29-2002, 09:50 PM
My frog mooned our rabbi!

Glorifyhim, your story about the moose just cracked me up and reminded me of a funny thing that happened when I was in the castle. I brought my favorite stuffed frog to the castle with me. (Yes he was my prince! LOL) Anyway when I would take my shower, the nurses would change the sheets. I would put the frog on the recliner chair so he would not get mixed up with the dirty linen. On my last day in the castle, I was already part way to the bathroom and remembered that my dear sweet frog was still in bed. I asked my mom to please put the frog on the chair. Mom is not a big fan of this frog, so she just kind of threw him on the chair and he landed butt up. If I had not hurt so much I would have moved the frog myself. Anyway just as I was finishing up in the shower, our rabbi came to visit me. He and my mom sat in the "visitors" chairs in the room and talked until I was done. Once I was done, I came out and got back into bed, and the three of us talked. As I looked out of the corner of my eye, I saw my frog, butt-up, on the recliner. I did not say a word about it until the rabbi left. Neither mom nor I wanted to draw any attention to this frog's tush. Although my mom was mortified, I still crack up about this almost two years later.
Unread 06-30-2002, 05:55 AM
The Prince's tushie

That was a good one, Ellen!! I know I did mt best NOT to react to the moose too, as I just knew I'd pull something. It was truly hard not to explode into laughter but I was thinking....hmmm....do I throw up, or do I laugh??? To this day my sister and I get this "private" laugh over the whole incident! Ahhh....the special moments in our lives!

Shalom and blessings to ALL my new sisters!!!
Keep the laughter going!

RJ.....TAH/RSO 1/17/02.....Giving God all the glory!!!
Unread 07-02-2002, 04:40 PM

OH MY GOSH!!!! This is the funniest thread yet!!! I LOVE the idea of that sticker grining at the nurse.......behind you!!! !!!! I have taken to telling folks that I am getting snorfleed. It gets a better response than the sad, sad looks I got when I said the word...hysterectomy!! Heehee. Take care everyone and keep the laughing and humor going......HILLARIOUS! God Bless you all girlfriends..... Betsy
Unread 07-02-2002, 04:45 PM

SNORFLEED???? Well, that does make me laugh.....what I wrote in my original reply was snorfleED!!!! Hahahahahahaha.....how the heck did the computer get "snorfleed" from snorfleed???? Hahaha... Betsy
Closed Thread

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register