Any Singers out there? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any Singers out there? Any Singers out there?

Unread 04-17-2002, 08:17 PM
Any Singers out there?

This is going to be one of those silly questions. I am a singer, and I sing in the church choir. My question is, will my voice change? I am a Soprano. Will I gain strength again in my diaphram(Where we do the breathing) area? I was just curious, I did have a C-Section 13 years ago, and after 2 months I was able to continue singing. But this time I will have an empty spot near the diaphram area. I am scheduled to have a TAH and possibly a BSO.

Hey Thanks Sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2002, 09:20 PM
Singing

Well hello fellow singer!

I had a TAH 2 weeks ago (3/27). I was out singing the Saturday after my surgery (3/30). Just a little. Last Saturday I felt stronger and able to sing harder and longer songs. It seems to be getting better each week.

Good luck

:sing:

Lisa
Unread 04-18-2002, 05:43 AM
Thanks

Hey Lisa,

Thanks for the encouragement. I seem to be running into many inexperienced "experts", and they are very negative. I was told that no way I would be able to sing anymore. Deep down I didn't believe that, but it is good to have encouragement, especially from someone experienced.

Thanks Again!!!

Your Singing Sister,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 08:42 AM
Voice change

Tilos;

I thought I would also mention that my voice did not change. I am a Metso Soprano. I find that my tonation is actually improved.

While I still find that my quality is still there I just don't seem to have the stamina for intensely long notes or any notes on the edge of my range. Too low, too high, too long, too hard. It will get better.

For me singing is a wonderful outlet. Boredom overcomes me so quickly and a simple little song always helps.

Amazing Graze is wonderful for practice if you allow your self to sing it with a touch of somberness. Soft & Sweet.
Work on range techniques, breathing exercises - deep breath in, humm the exhale, see how long you can hold each note you attempt.

Keep singing!

Lisa
Unread 04-18-2002, 10:12 AM
Hi Singer's

Gee I wish my voice would have changed. I couldn't sing before surgery and I still can't sing after surgery.
I just wanted to add some encouragement though. Your wind and lung power will come back as healing progresses. I am almost 8 weeks post op. I walked around a lake near my home three times yesterday. I had never done that before surgery and I didn't even get winded or tired.
Good luck to you.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register