How my LAVH/BSO went! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How my LAVH/BSO went! How my LAVH/BSO went!

Unread 04-18-2002, 01:53 AM
How my LAVH/BSO went!

Hi all...since it is 4am and I am not able to sleep I found myself here and guess I will update on how my castle stay and surgery went! Still a little foggy on some details! I went in Tuesday 4-16 at 8 am...had some blood work done, talked to my doctors and then they offered me something to help me relax...next thing I remember is being asked to move to the surgery bed...3 hours later I was in recovery! My parents were there and the doc came out and talked to them...told them that he was glad he decided to do it laproscopically (sp?)...my uterus did not want to cooperate...he said when he cuts the ligaments around the uterus, it drops, but mine decided it didn't want to help out, so he had to do some extra pulling and cutting and I might be a bit sore in my side incisions! When I woke up in recovery I remember being in quite a bit of pain...due to my smoking (I am assuming-cuz they warned me about this), I had trouble breathing coming out of the anestetics...I kept hearing them telling me to take a deep breath...after getting to my room I was very tired and they were supposed to give me a morphine pump but never did...but were very good about giving me injections anytime I had pain...that night was a little rough...not too much pain, just a lot of discomfort, mostly due to the gas! I woke up quite a few times during the night and they gave me a sleeping pill to help. Wednesday 4-17 I woke up at 7:30am feeling really good, still a little sore and still a lot of gas pain....by 8:00 they had my IV out, ate breakfast, and walked around a bit...they had already taken my catheter out..not sure when, don't remember even having it in! My doc came in around noon and told me if I REALLY wanted to go home he would let me after dinner as long as there was no fever and I promised to REST....he said one of my family members told him that I don't like to complain and I am hard to keep down in bed (thanks DAD!) So I promised and I was allowed to go home at 6:00 last night...still having the gas pain a bit, but the GAS X has helped with that a bit...It is really not as bad as I anticipated! I had a wonderful doctor and wonderful family by my side! And how could I forget the wonderful supportive family here! I can't really say I am feeling all that great yet, but not even a full 2 days post op...I am sure I will! If any of you have any questions, please feel free to post, I will help with anything!
Thanks to all the ladies here that helped me get to where I am today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 03:33 AM
How my LAVH/BSO went!

Hiya MJM,

Your hospital stay, doctor and release sound exactly like mine. lol Even down to not remembering them taking the catheter out (I vaguely remember walking down the hall once, very early the next morning and the nurse holding mine but don't remember where it went after that).

I'm glad you're home and doing well. Take it easy and try to get some sleep. Remember, you're to be a pampered princess now. .

If you find yourself getting bored, come on into chat and say hello...but not for very long, the Pillow will gitcha! We'd love to see you there.

s and love.
Kim

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register