Pre-op nuts? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-18-2002, 06:52 AM
Pre-op nuts?

Hi all,
I am 22 days from surgery and thought I was handling it pretty well. I am either not handling it as well as I thought, or I have several different personalities that I have been unaware of for 44 years. I have started getting the "9:00PM freak-outs". That is usually the time every night that I start crying, taking every word that comes out of my dear sweet husband's mouth very personally and twisting it into something totally unrelated to what he actually said. I cry over nothing and get upset about everything. Anybody else dealing with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 06:59 AM
Pre-op nuts?

Hi Selina:
I know what you are feeling . I am the same way.
I yell and scream or cry at the silliest things.
I think my family thinks I am crazy.
I did call my doc and he gave me some anit-anxiety pills to help take the edge off before surgey.
Thay seem to be helping.
Hand in there--they all say here the waiting is the worst-----I AM NO FINDING THAT OUT!
's to you
Unread 04-18-2002, 07:00 AM
Pre-op nuts?

Yep, I am doing the same thing you are! I do think I am handling it ok, then evening rolls around and Hubby is here and the poor guy gets the blunt end of it all. I hope it hurry's and gets here so I can get over being so evil to him, he is such a sweetie, I feel so bad. Anyways, just want you to know you are not alone! Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 08:31 AM
Pre-op nuts?

You bet cha......... I am a basket case... and I just know it will get worse as each day goes by. (surgery is 4/29)
I keep thinking.. why am I doing this? Was things that bad?
Maybe a few days each month of flooding (and lately) weak and almost passing out ...........isnt THAT bad.
But then I think of having another period like the last one (where I somewhat passed out) scares me........... either way I am screwed.. fell like I am back into a corner, trying to find the easiest way out. And both options suck.

Yeah its safe to say, I am on the edge like you.

We have to believe that this is all part of the "waiting is the hardest part" slogan we constantly hear.... it's all we got!

Hang in there,l am right there with ya.
xoxo Donna
Unread 04-18-2002, 09:33 AM
Pre-op nuts?

22 days. I feel for you. I am at 5 days now and don't know how I can get through each day. It is perfectly normal to feel like a crazed maniac. I always thought of myself as very rational but that is now out the window. I too take everything out of context that anyone says to me, I either get angry or cry.

You are not alone, hang in there.
Unread 04-18-2002, 11:14 AM
Yes yes and yes

you are normal to feel anxiety, second guess your self and cry....and cry some more. I have tried very hard not to give into the anxiety but once in awhile I go over the edge. I have allowed myself that I will be a basket case when I drop off my 8 year at my Moms this monday night. And when I tell my hubby good bye at the hospital.....why I dont know. I really feel I will come out of this ok....but the stress is so much to bear at times I could just run away.

Keeping my self focased on my vacation in July. That and the fact that if my 8 year sees me cry he will worry about Mom too much. I cant do that to him.

God Bless all of you..... and may your waits be short and your pains be few.

Hugs
Cindy
Unread 04-18-2002, 12:15 PM
Pre-op nuts?

Hi there....you are very normal!! About 2 weeks before my surgery (I am 2 days post op now), I think I fought with everyone...everything that was said to me was taken so personally and literally! Although I am not feeling 100% better physically, I think I am doing better emotionally already! My DH was not real supportive before surgery, but has been absolutely wonderful this past week! He has been mom, dad, housewife, and full time worker! I think after I am back to feeling good...he needs some pampering! The waiting IS the worse part and in 22 days you will feel such relief that it is all over with! Although I was not planning on 85 degree weather to recover in (I am in Michigan-we are lucky for 65 in April), I will not complain, could be snow! Good luck!!
Unread 04-18-2002, 12:19 PM
pre_op nuts

Hi! I can absolutely relate!!!! Yesterday went to my preop, and everything seemed to be hitting me emotionally! I had it pre planned that I would be very calm, cool and collected for the preop. Guess what? I was feeling so emotional!!!!! Happened to be in a lot of physical pain also, so I was limping down the hall! Did not go off as I had planned, but I got through it. Seemed to be a reality check for me. It's such a personal surgery, I was trying not to cry at the drop of a hat. Anybody else, having a bit of trouble sleeping through the night?
Sending Big s and best wishes,
Sandy
Unread 04-18-2002, 12:29 PM
Pre-op nuts?

Hi,
What you are going through is perfectly normal. I had surgery on 3/19 and as others have said, the waiting is the worst part. I was a basket case on the day of surgery, until I got there and spoke with the anesthesiologist and doctor and realized what capable hands were caring for me.
It is wonderful to have it all done--no more periods ever!! I am still taking it fairly easy, but am back to work and doing well.
Hang in there--and make sure to have a list of questions to ask your dr. at the pre-op appt. That is a huge help!!
Best of luck and take care, Kristy
Unread 04-18-2002, 12:48 PM
lists

Thanks for the suggestion - I have a list a mile long and growing of questions to ask at pre-op!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register