How about headaches? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How about headaches? How about headaches?

Unread 04-18-2002, 07:09 AM
How about headaches?

Okay I haven't seen this one addressed yet. I get mirgrane like headaches at the beginning and end of my periods. I think it's related to the bcp because when I haven't been on them for awhile the headaches I think aren't as bad. It's hard to remember back to when I wasn't on bcp. My DM says that hers went away with her TAH. Any opinions out there? I would sure like to be done with them too.

Sorry I don't have those cute little sign offs but I haven't figured that part out yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 07:27 AM
I get them

dcm,

I get a horrible, distinctive headache three or four days before my period starts. I hesitate to call them migraines, but when I describe them to others, they insist they are migraines.

I have never missed work because of them. I usually take Aleve and count the minutes until I can close my eyes for the night.

My hyst is scheduled in five more weeks and I am hoping, since I will no longer have periods, I will no longer have the headaches, either.

Good luck to you, too.

Nancy
Unread 04-18-2002, 07:33 AM
Migraines

Ladies!
s
I too have had headaches (migraines) prior to the onset and during my periods. Now that I have had the wonderful surgery I have had no more headaches like I had before. If I understand it correctly is that our bodies excrete 20 more hormones each month when mensing, and that is why we are more apt to get headaches or migraines during that time. I hope your surgery helps with the headaches, it sure helped mine. Best of luck to each of you.

tvh/bso 11/19/01: fibroids, heavy bleeding, cysts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 07:54 AM
Looking forward to that

Marnie,

Thanks for giving us that to look forward.

Thanks, too, for hanging around hystersisters so long after your surgery. I am impressed at your loyalty.

I guess it's like we discussed on another thread, you really do get addicted to this site.

Good bye headaches!!

Nancy
Unread 04-18-2002, 08:01 AM
How about headaches?

I just love this site! See once again I'm not alone in the headaches. Mine last for days and days and I'm sick of taking ibupropin all day long for days on end. Before and at the end, that means twice so I only get about two days in between with out this blasted thing. I can't wait for this to be all over. Thanks again for the wonderful responses..
Unread 04-18-2002, 08:16 AM
How about headaches?

I have heard and read from many people, that they have this problem and what they take for it is Vitamin B-6 and it helps.

Not to long ago some one else had a post on headaches during their period.

But I don't think they will do anything, if you just have headaches, medicine or did your doctor try to change your bcp? sometimes that helps.

Archide
Unread 04-18-2002, 08:29 AM
How about headaches?

I've tried everything for the headaches. Several drs several medicines several bcp. Nothing works and I just gave up. I'm doing the surgery for heavy periods but I thought the getting rid of headaches would be an added plus. I have read here that other women have had surgery when drs couldn't find anything wrong and after the surgery found out that dr found a reason. I'm looking forward to all the good things to come from the surgery. Getting rid of these horrible headaches will be another great thing to look forward to.
Unread 04-18-2002, 10:09 AM
Fellow headache sufferer

I suffer horribly from migraines right before period, during, and after also. I know what you are going through. I also am on bcp's and now take them continuously so I don't have a period. The headaches are almost constant now all month long. The only thing I could think of is that the bcp's have something to do with it. I am hoping after surgery the headaches go away but I was in the chat room here and asked about hrt and someone replied that bcp is hormone. So now I am scared that I may suffer even more on hrt. I hope I am wrong though. Alot of the women here seem to be doing just fine on hrt so hopefully I will too.

I had no idea until I found this website how many people suffer just like me. This website is a Godsend and the women here are just wonderful.

Donna
Unread 04-19-2002, 11:38 AM
How about headaches?

I myself have suffered 7 years with hormones and migraines. Been put in hospital several times, tons and tons of medications, every bcp under the sun, natural hormone remedies and also no hormone help other than what my body produces. I opted for the Lupron Depot, to stop hormones completely to see if this would help and its the best thing that I could ever do. I go for my TAH/BSO for the 29. Seven years of hell and I am now on top of the world with having no migraines.

Take care, hope this was of some help for you

Sharon

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register