things i've found to keep me busy until my 4/29 surgery!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

things i've found to keep me busy until my 4/29 surgery!! things i've found to keep me busy until my 4/29 surgery!!

Unread 04-18-2002, 07:44 AM
things i've found to keep me busy until my 4/29 surgery!!

GOSH!! The waiting is hard, isn't it? I'm a stay at home mom, trying to get my own business off the ground (which I haven't been working in much lately...gee....wonder why??) I FEEL very pregnant most of the time with lots of pain and pressure. My husband works swing shift and we have 4 kids, ages 9, 10, 19 and 20. I made a chart with hubby's work schedule, our oldest daughter's school schedule and times we need to make sure that someone is here. It kept me busy for a while and also has given me the peace of mind that I need to know that things are covered here at home while I'm gone! (Yes, I am quite the worrier....lol) Now, I'm making my list of what needs to be ready for when I get home.....and ok, yeah, I'm driving my family crazy, but we laugh about it though! They all understand my need to do this and are being wonderful about humoring me.

I have spent a lot of time reading the posts and taking notes! THANK YOU ALL for being here!

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 07:49 AM

Wow, Pam, I admire your organizational skills.

I think that's a great idea. With families' schedules today, I think it's a good idea to put it all on paper, so everyone can be aware of everyone else's schedules.

I know when my 16 year old is at work, he has no idea who is at home, or where they might be.

Especially post-op, I think it will be a great bonus for anyone to be able to look at your chart and get an instant report of the whereabouts of each person, and when they can be expected home.

Thanks for the good idea.

Nancy
Unread 04-18-2002, 07:54 AM
I know how you feel

I also am a SAHM and know exactly what you mean!
I had 17 meals made and frozen with instructions, bag packed, and major housework completed within a week of being scheduled!
My only problem was I did that due to the fact that there seemed to be a good chance that my Castle date would be moved up so I wanted to be ready! Alas, no moving up of date....so now everything is set with the exception of daily chores and such and I am going nuts!
I made the chore and schedule lists, as well as the menu list for the family yesterday...they think I'm insane!
Hang in there, soon we will be s and it will be a better way of life in our kingdoms!

14 days and counting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 08:23 AM

Pam,
Hi I am Donna......... my date is the same as yours.
And I too try very hard to not think about what I am doing... YEAH RIGHT!..

I'll be following your posts... I am right there with ya, step by step.
xoxo Donna

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register