I'm new !!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-18-2002, 09:09 AM
I'm new !!!!

Wish I would of found this site much earlier!!!! Wow!!! So much information and well wishers!! My surgery date is tomorrow for a laporascopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy with removal of remaining ovary. Alittle nervous cause I had bladder cancer surgery two years ago and there could be adhesions between bladder and uterus. The CT was vague as to whether there were any or not. Mother had breast cancer...sister and Grandmother had ovarian cancer so out with the ovary. Am worried about hot flashes but I guess all will be OK. Will keep yall posted. Wish me well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 09:12 AM
I'm new !!!!

If they were vague about the adhesions, it's because you can't tell before you get in there. They can see that with the lap.

Hot flashes would not have been bad if they were during the day when I'm cold, but I got them at night and they kept me awake. HRT solved that and I feel fine. You'll be fine too.
Unread 04-18-2002, 09:14 AM
I'm new !!!!

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!

This site does have tons of information doesn't it? Have you visited the pull down menus yet on the main page? You can get there by clicking on the 3 princesses in the upper left corner of this page. There are topics about everything to expect, what to pack...etc.

Please email me if I can help in any way!

Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 09:42 AM
Hi and Welcome

We are so glad you found us too.

Wishing you lot's of good luck tomorrow. You will do just great.

Soon a you will be.

See you on the other side.

Let us know how you are doing when you are up to posting.

Unread 04-18-2002, 10:28 AM
Hi There

Hey Sister....welcome to the site. Please e-mail us when you're out and tell your story. It's a great distraction to read all the posts when you're in recovery. We're all wishing you the best. Take care...
Unread 04-28-2002, 08:02 PM
Done

Had LAVH on 4/19. Feeling pretty good considering. Am very tired but I am up doing some walking around house and yard. Had my Husband drive me to the grocery store today...was an exhausting outing but it HAS only been a week and 2 days!!!! Tomoprrow I go in for a cystogram at the hospital to see if the catherter can be removed...I will feel sooooooooo much better if that happens. Don't know whether to be upset that my bladder was perforated and had to be repaired during the 5 HOUR surgery when a Urologist had to be called in....guess it's just easier to relax and say "**** happens". Anyway....glad I have the DVD player and lots of movies...DH and furry friends are a great emotional aid and the many cards and phone calls...wish all of you could have the support that I have. I'ts true so many people act as if a hysterectomy is no big deal...I work in the medical field and it seemed like no big deal to many co-workers but we who have been there KNOW it's major surgery so take time to heal. I too ....even with support ...am weepy ( no ovaries) sore ( all those stiches)
tired of the yucky smell---pee-u but time passes and so will the crummy symptoms. Ya'll hang in there!!!!!!! And wish me luck tomorrow.
Unread 04-28-2002, 09:18 PM
I'm new !!!!

Good luck - hope the catheter comes out! You're right, the crummy symptoms will leave, and you'll feel better before you know it. Just remember to keep taking it easy even as you start to feel more like yourself!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register