Big O | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-18-2002, 12:36 PM
Big O

Okay, this is a ridiculous question but I have to ask it. One of my biggest concerns about having the hysterectomy (TAH/BSO) is sex afterwards. My husband and I have wonderful sex and I have great orgasms. A lot of the posts that I read seem to indicate that if your cervix is gone the orgasms might not be as good and if you had strong uterine contractions during orgasm that it would be very different since your uterus is gone. My question is, how do I know if my uterus is involved in my orgasms?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 01:01 PM
Big O

I don't know about anyone else, but I had my tvh and bladder sling on 2/25/02 my uterus and cervix were removed. I have to say sex is actually better than it ever was before. I had intense orgasms before and I do now. I know that I still have the internal physical yearning to have intercourse if I orgasm before we actually go there. My only actual concern has been that I am still nervous that I might injur myself. That may seem silly, because I have absolutely no pain during or after sex now (I had pain during and after sex preop.) I am so happy with my results that I don't want to go back the way I was before. I was severely prolapsed with bladder and rectal problems.

I wish you the very best of luck and hope you are saying the same thing after your surgery and recovery.
Unread 04-18-2002, 01:43 PM
Big O

Selina,

I can relate :-) My husband and I also have an incredible sex life, and I was almost obsesses with the fact that our sex life would change after hyst. I had a TAH / BSO on 2-6-02, and ended up giving in to my husband after only 3 wks of recovery. It was awful. I'm not trying to scare you, but when the DR says wait 8 wks, WAIT 8 WKS!!!!!!! After that one yucky night, I waited another 6 wks, and now my sex life is even better than before (which I didn't even prepare myself for!!!). I do still have my cervix, because it was glued to my bladder from endo, but I have NO pain whatsoever, and the "o's" are incredible. I hope this helps, and don't worry :-) Email anytime.

Good wishes and prayers to you,

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register