Waiting for call back | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waiting for call back Waiting for call back

Unread 04-18-2002, 01:14 PM
Waiting for call back

I'm new here and I'm really nervous. I have endometriosis and have to have a hyster. I will most likely have it the fisrt week in June. I'm not looking forward to being out of work for six weeks. I have talked to some women and they say it's really not that bad. Just need some more feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 01:33 PM
Waiting for call back

Melissa,

First off, welcome :-) I also had endometriosis (severe) with fibroids and cysts. I postponed hyst for almost 7 years, and after dealing with agonizing pain for 2 years, finally gave in and had a total abdominal hysterectomy (TAH) with both of my ovaries removed (BSO) on 2-6-02. I spent 8 wks out of work, and needed every single day of that to recover!!!! In retrospect, it was the best thing I ever did, and if you have similiar symptoms, you will feel so much better after the hyst. Please come chat with us sometime. I found this board 2 wks before my surgery, and these ladies are the best, and have helped me through the good and the bad. I wish you all the good wishes and prayers that I have to offer.

Unread 04-18-2002, 01:38 PM
Welcome

Hi Melissa, Welcome to this wonder site. You have come to the right place to find support.

I had my TAH/BSO seven weeks ago today. It was the best thing that I could have done. I also had endo (stageII), but was very lucky not to have to much pain with it. I have had 2 laps in the 80's and put on danacron (SP?) for about a year. Since I had no pain, I had no need for more laps.

My recovery has been also most uneventful. I did have an infection on my incision at 2 weeks and need antibotics (Healed great) and now at 7 weeks I have a bladder infection and again on antibotics. But these are common and I am not worried about them now. I am able to do anything at this point as long as my body agrees with it. I walk (or try to ) a mile each day. Since I am not an exercise person this is a lot for me to do. Dr said I could do more if I want.

The important thing to remember during recovery is , and

Check out the pull down menu's. You will find alot of info that you may want.

Good luck and

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register