had pre testing BUT | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

had pre testing BUT had pre testing BUT

Unread 04-18-2002, 01:40 PM
had pre testing BUT

Went for my pre testing today at hospital and saw the "A" guy. Felt much better after talking with him and the nurse with one BIG exception...
my gyn's office sent out the wrong permission slip with the doctors orders on it.. they sent the one that said TAH .. leaving cervix and ovaries...NO NO NO... I signed a second one that had on it the TAH/BSO so the nurse had to call the gyn's office and they faxed over the correct one (after I'd gone home wish I could've seen it) but the nurse told me to call the gyn's office when I got home if it made me feel better...
I am just so worried that they wil leave the ovaries and cervix... My surgery is on the 23rd.. tuesday.. I've already talked to my gyn today about something else.. (second phone call this week to him) But truth is I'd feel much better if I knew for a fact that when I get in the hospital on tuesday morning at 6:30 (operation is at 7:30 ) that they will have the correct paperwork... so my question
does anyone know if will they make sure when I get there.. do they go over the paperwork once again before the whole thing begins????
always something to worry about...
kara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 02:07 PM
had pre testing BUT

HI Karah, I know with all my surgeries I had in the past year that the day of surgery they went over everything with me. My last surgery I didn't want the morphine pump and to make myself feel better I told everyone that came in to see me and I didn't get it Hope this helps. Take care.
Unread 04-18-2002, 02:33 PM
had pre testing BUT

Karah,
When I got to the hospital at 6am they went over all the paper work with me and I had to have them re-do mine as well. I also talked to my doctor before they wheeled me in. You are right to question everything as many times as you need to. These are OUR bodies and they can't go back if they take to much. MIne turned out fine but I am glad I didn't take anything for granted and I read everything. take care, Karlene

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register