Crazy dreams.... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Crazy dreams.... Crazy dreams....

Unread 04-18-2002, 02:06 PM
Crazy dreams....

Are any of you LIW having weird hysterectomy dreams? Or pregnancy dreams? I'm having both. Last night I had a hysterectomy dream that was so weird! First of all I was awake for the surgery and my husband was allowed in the OR. My doctor was joking around while he was removing organs and as he was joking, he accidentally hit me in the face with one of my organs!!!

The good part of the dream was that I didn't have any pain at all after the surgery. After my c-section 2 1/2 years ago, I was in so much pain from the incision. So dreaming about no pain was nice, but it was just a dream. Weird dream, huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 04:40 PM
Crazy dreams....

Hi pasdedchat!

YES and YES! The few weeks right before surgery, I had very vivid dreams which was very unusual for me anyway. I had dreams of giving birth. Is my guess, with all of our thoughts focused on reproductive organs, that it is pretty normal to dream about such things. I hope you're not losing sleep with your active night thinking! s to you!
Unread 04-18-2002, 05:09 PM
More like nightmares

I can relate somewhat to you except I have been having horrible nightmares about anything and everything. From things in my life to the strange and bizarre that make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I can't explain it except that I haven't been able to sleep much at all and I'm suffering big from sleep deprivation. Sometimes I wake up with a full blown asthma attack because I have been crying so hard during the dream or I should say nightmare. I hope all this comes to an end after surgery. I don't know how much more I can take.

I am glad I'm not the only one who is having strange and bizarre dreams.

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 05:14 PM
No dreams for my, but DD is having them!

Well, I can't say that I'm having any weird dreams, just weird thoughts. Was awake most of the night a week ago thingking what I would want my DH to put me in just in case things didn't go well. what jewelry I wanted the girls to have and my DS too. Haven't told any of this to my DH, I don't want him to worry, but did write in my journal.

My oldest DD dreamed that I was pregnant and had twins two nights ago. She asked me if I was going to have any more babies, and I told her that my Dr. was taking those parts out of mommies body. She said good, because she didn't want another brother or sister. I told her I didn't either!!!!
Unread 04-19-2002, 09:15 AM
nightmares

i'm a little over 2 weeks post-op and i'm having horrible nightmares....nothing to do with surgery or babies or hysterectomies....everything in my life is okey dokey.

the only thing that has changed is i'm on premarin .625...MD says he never heard of nightmares caused by premarin. i wake up exhausted but other than that i feel better than i've felt in YEARS!

anyone ever heard of this happening or experienced it ?

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register