I'm getting scared!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm getting scared!! I'm getting scared!!

Unread 04-18-2002, 02:47 PM
I'm getting scared!!

Hello to all. My name is Michelle, and i'm 34 and scheduled for a total abdominal hyst. on April 29th. I have had several surgeries in the past, but for some reason am extremely scared about this one. All i keep thinking about is something going wrong and being in worse shape than i am right now! Friends keep telling me everything will be fine, but none of them have gone through something like this. I have 2 young children and i worry about them too!

My hyst. is being done to relieve terrible pain and heavy bleeding being caused by adhesions. I also suffer from ovarian cysts, and fluid trapped in my fallopian tubes. I have had several Laparoscopies, and two c sections.

I suppose it is natural to have these scared feelings.....its just all new to me. Did anybody else feel like this? Thanks for your help....

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 03:03 PM
same here

I know how you feel, michele. I'm only 25, and I'll be having my TAH/BSO June 6 for some of the same reasons as you.I have 3 girls under the age of 7, the youngest being 20 months old.She and her 3 year old sister has never spent a night away from me in that 20 month time frame.My dh is clueless as to taking care of kids, and I too worry. So, you're definitely not alone. Hope you find lots of comfort and answers here. It's a great sight.

Shaw B.
Unread 04-18-2002, 03:19 PM
I'm getting scared!!

Hi Michelle...I'm having my hysterectomy on April 26th because of massive adhesions. I also have heavy bleeding, uterine fibroids, and cysts that come and go on my ovaries. The pain from the adhesions is unbearable. It's very scary to have such major surgery no matter what the age. I'm 47 and have had 3 c-sections and thought I would never have to be cut like that again. I'm lucky that I have no small children to worry about. I will be thinking about you and will have you in my prayers. The day of your surgery is probably the day I will be coming home. I'll be looking for you on the post-op side to find out how your doing when it's all over.........................Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 03:55 PM
With Pride

Yes, it's scary, but when you come out, you'll be a braver, stronger woman with an improved quality of life. My husband keeps telling me he is proud of me. That makes me feel good because it tells me he knows it's a tough thing to do .... to face this "voluntary" surgery with faith and hope.

I am so proud of me. I'm already proud of you!
Unread 04-19-2002, 08:43 AM
I'm getting scared!!

Missy,
My surgery is the same day as yours........ and I too am a basket case. Especially at night......... I do the "lady in waiting dance"... "why am I doing this, maybe it isnt so bad... etc etc".. Back and forth, one min it seems the right thing to do the next 10 the opposite.

I am with you every step of the way.
Take care
xo Donna
Unread 04-19-2002, 09:10 AM
spooked too..........

My surgery is scheduled for the 28th. I'm kinda spooked but all my friends that have had this say that it makes you feel like a new woman. I've felt so bad for so long, I'm ready for that woman. Now if only the laundry fairy would show up and do her part..........

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register