Comparison to c-section - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Comparison to c-section Comparison to c-section

Unread 04-19-2002, 02:00 PM
To LRemaly;

I just got my operative and path reports this week - I phoned the hospital, and the lady faxed me a consent - I signed it, faxed it back, and had both reports in about 2 minutes. I don't know if all hospitals/doctors are this cooperative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2002, 02:31 PM
Comparison to c-section

Hi Kathleen,
I'm 42 and had 4 previous c-sections, the last one was 12 years ago. I had a TAH 3 weeks ago yesterday and I found it to be much easier than the c-sections. I had a lot of adhesions and the dr. had to spend extra time "unsticking" things. For me getting in and out of bed didn't hurt like it did after the c-sections. I didn't walk hunched over like after the c-sections. I didn't have the pain I did after the c-sections. I haven't experienced any tiredness or drop in energy level. In fact if I could get my dr. to clear me for waterskiing I'd be going. That's been the hardest part for me. I feel so great I have to keep reminding myself that there are a lot of internal stitches and even though you might feel great you still have to rest and follow drs. orders.

I know everyone is different. I do think that at the very least a previous c-section gives you some idea of what to expect. I hope you have an easy recovery.

Cyndi
Unread 04-19-2002, 04:25 PM
Comparison to c-section

I asked my doc about the pain difference and he said his patients tell him the hyster is a little more severe than the c's, but not much. I think I handled by c's pretty good, but really dread going thru that shaky getting out of bed thing again :sad:

kaymac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 12:32 PM
Comparison to c-section

Well, I can tell you this much, Kaymac, everyone is different, don't forget that!

I remember my male OB telling me that I wasn't really in pain when I was in active labor with my second kid. I told him how would he know? I was in transition at the time. The look on his face!

Sara
Unread 04-20-2002, 12:48 PM
I've been wondering too

Hi all

I'm new here and was glad to see this thread. I was just talking with DH about that this morning. My Dr is planning a horizontal for my TAH RSO - I've had 3 vertical cuts - 2 Cs and LSO, and 2 laps - tubal and gall bladder. I know that the laps were way easier of course, and my Dr tells me the horizontal will be easier than the verticals. I'm really hoping - but I'm trying to not get my hopes up too high. I've done that before and then been really bummed when I woke up and had so much pain.

Take care

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register