Six weeks today with a TAH/BSO and feel GREAT! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Six weeks today with a TAH/BSO and feel GREAT! Six weeks today with a TAH/BSO and feel GREAT!

Unread 04-18-2002, 06:37 PM
Six weeks today with a TAH/BSO and feel GREAT!

I just wanted to give all the LIW a little encouragement. I can't believe it has been six weeks already! I had some tough days when I over did it in the first two weeks, but I followed directions pretty closely. I walked a LOT, lots of water, and watched to much TV

I went to work last Tuesday in a Garden Center, on my feet and very busy and I feel just great. I am wearing my regular clothes and can barely remember to post op pain.....and I was in so much pain! My hyster AND the sisters here has been a God send to me. All my worries for nothing. I feel better than ever and still have not become totally used to the wonderful thought that I will NEVER EVER have a period again!! Yippee!!!!!

Don't worry LIW!!!
Bev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 06:53 PM

This board is great. It helped me with questions I had and allows me to share my experiences. Knowing I wasn't the only one going crazy from 'resting', 'waiting', and the little post-op things like sobbing, made me feel normal.

All you L-I-Ws, you'll hear this in nearly any post you read: the waiting IS the hardest part. After surgery, all you have to do is rest, pamper, and get well. Oh, and drink a lot of water, walk, and rest. A lot. If you overdo it, your body will tell you.

Waited 12 years for this surgery and I'm glad I did it.
Unread 04-18-2002, 07:16 PM
thanks

I love to read positive stories.....hoping my recovery is only 6 to 8 weeks and not to awful painful.....any tips....email me.

thanks again
cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 07:25 PM

Hi ladies

It's always great to hear stories about ladies that are recovering so well. Thanks for sharing with us here on Pre Op.

I'm 5 months post op and feel like I'm living a miracle, myself. Life without pain is so wonderful.

Beth
Unread 04-18-2002, 07:30 PM

I am glad to hear that you are doing so well....I am only 2 days post op and not feeling the greatest. I am so used to quick recoveries that I think I expected too much from this! The gas pain is the worse, but I am resting, trying to walk a lot and drinking lots of fluids! I cannot wait to be 6 weeks post op and know how good I will feel! Thanks for the encouragement!
Unread 04-18-2002, 07:36 PM

MJM:

Two days post op ... I remember being two days post op and I sure didn't feel great either. The first two weeks were the hardest. Then the incision pain lessens and you feel like moving around a little more. Also, your intestines should be calmed down in a couple of weeks. You're in the toughest part of recovery right now, so hang in there and please know that it does get better ... really!

Beth
Unread 04-18-2002, 07:45 PM
Thank you for the wonderful stories!

Ladies,

I just wanted to say thank you for posting the good stories, along with the bad!! I ma a LIW, June 10th, and I am so ready!! I have started marking the days off in my daytimer. I know that the first few weeks will be the hardest, and I will have to be patient (not one of my strong suits for myself)! Luckily, my DH will be home, not if I can just convince him to let me out of the bed once in a while I should do fine. He has it in his head that I'm not supposed to leave the bed once I get home, not even to go to the bathroom! LOL!!!!

Anyway, thanks again. It's nice to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and not just another train coming to derail me!!!
Unread 04-18-2002, 09:13 PM
Hey Twin Sister!!!!!

Glad to hear you are doing well and back to work.... 6 weeks can you believe it.... Wow how time flies... I am for the most part doing well. No longer leaking, bladder has settled down. My insides are still a little raw and still have some stiches, so it is a red light for "activities" for me for another 4 weeks. I can go back to work May 1st. I'm delayed a little as I had all that stress with my father dying during my recovery... But I am sure making up for it now.... Cant wait for summer and to NOT have to worry about planning things around a heavy flow........ Whoopie.....I'm so glad for you and all my sisters.
Unread 04-19-2002, 04:58 AM

I love reading the post-op posts! Always makes me feel better knowing that someone else went through what I did. Support on this site has always been great!

I wasn't feeling really better till about 1 week post-op. I was tired and feeling kinda out of sorts. I bet you will feel better in a week, MJM!

Sara
Unread 04-19-2002, 08:57 AM

YAY!!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register