Please Help Me!!!!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please Help Me!!!!!! Please Help Me!!!!!!

Unread 04-18-2002, 06:53 PM
Please Help Me!!!!!!

Hi Guys, I am shceduled for a TAB/BSO on Monday the 22nc. And I have just decided that I might want to have a tummy tuck. What do you think? I will call my Dr, in the morning and see what to expect, but my gosh why not do this at the same time? I would really appreciate any opinions you all have. I can weigh 100pds. and not have a flat stomach. now perhaps i Might!! I am going to check tomorrow about having a TT, on Monday. Talk about thrilled!! I will let you know what happens, ok? Love to all, Roni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 06:56 PM
Please Help Me!!!!!!

I asked my doc about doing something with the 'overhang' from an old C-section. She called it a 'scar revision' in the report and used the same scar for the surgery, she just took out some extra above the incision also and pulled my tummy down a bit. No reason your doc can't do that too. Shouldn't take much extra time and it doesn't change the recovery.
Unread 04-18-2002, 08:15 PM
Please Help Me!!!!!!

Dear Roni,

I am not sure how I would feel if we had the money to do a tummy tuck. My entire life at any weight I have always had a belly. Even when I was skinny there was this little belly--actually pretty curvy. I can relate to wanting a "flat" stomach for many reasons. But I thought I would share this story with you just because its related and just happened. I was in the sauna the other night and this really sweet girl (yup girl--maybe 12 yrs) was in there and she was singing really quietly to herself. What a beautiful voice!! We started chatting and after awhile this couple came into the sauna and sat down near us. The girl with the beautiful voice said something to me regarding singing and I said that maybe she should persue it...she said that she wanted to but that she read this article that everyone in hollywood over age 14 has plastic surgery and she just didn't want to do that. (By the way she was adorable) I said maybe she should try singing anyway and that she could be this wonderful example to the world that we are beautiful even if we choose not to have plastic surgery (something like that) The guy who was part of the couple who just walked in jumped into our conversation and said, "yeh-as soon as they told her she could make 100,000 more a show if she has surgery she'd do it--and then he started poking his finger into his VERY skinny girlfriends belly saying we should suck this fat here and this fat there-blah blah blah--it was really disgusting! And the irony of this is that earlier that night I was trying to figure out a way to pay for a tummy tuck if I decided to get one with my hysterectomy. It was probably the best thing that could have happened to me because all of a sudden I didn't want anything to do with a tummy tuck. I wanted to sit up and protect my curvy belly and be an example to the 12 year old in front of this JERK! I was! I said something really good and was so happy to be alive and in my body--even with my extra weight and my stretch marks and my belly. In a bathing suit!! I have always wanted to tummy tuck--and who knows maybe someday I will get one. But I sure like this part of me who came through in the sauna.
Gosh what a really long post but I thought it was food for thought.

Take care,
Ingrid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 10:25 PM
Please Help Me!!!!!!

There's a wonderful song by the blues group "Saffire" called "There's Lightning in These Thunder Thighs". It goes something like:

"What happened to the days of hips and curves?
This talk about fitness is gettin' on my nerves!"

Good for you for being a good example to the kid. How awful that anyone would feel they can't pursue their dreams unless they have cosmetic surgery.

I won't (can't) even wear heels, and I do think it limits my career options. Too bad. Their loss. I have my own company, where I don't have to wear things that damage my body. The more we cave in to that kind of foolishness, the more it's *expected* that we will. Stand your ground.
Unread 04-18-2002, 10:36 PM
Please Help Me!!!!!!

My surgeon said "please don't". I think she meant," please don't on my watch. " She explained that it adds another hour to surgery, and additional recovery time. It is often hard to tell what is tummy tuck and what is hysterectomy pain. One doctor will tell you to call the other. It adds about another $5,000.00 to the bill...probably not covered by most insurance companys. You will need a plastic surgeon who may not be able to schedule this late in the game.

I know it would be nice if they could just suck out the fat and trim alittle skin, but....

I've heard that it can be really painful...I guess it matters how much they tighten you up. There are some really good threads on the subject by sisters who have had it done. Try the search button for tummy tuck.

Let us know what you decide.
Maralyn

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register