Doctors do not have enough surgery time - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doctors do not have enough surgery time Doctors do not have enough surgery time

Unread 04-19-2002, 01:31 PM
Doctors do not have enough surgery time

Alli,
You are not a big baby at all! (Otherwise I am too!)

I think there are a lot more people who faint and get light-headed than you realize. Even some big, strong, 300 pound tough guys faint at the sight of blood.

Please stop being so hard on yourself. This is just how you are. A hyst is scary, now matter how brave or tough the person. I've gotten the "shakes" a few times myself, but the nurses and medical staff have always been wonderful to me, especially when I explain that I'm a fainter. I have low blood pressure too, so maybe that's a factor. Whatever the case, just remember that these medical folks have seen everything and they'll be doing their best to ease your mind and help you relax.

Hang in there, Alli. You can do this.

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2002, 05:32 PM

Hi, My DR has surgery privileges every Friday, so that's 4-5 days/month. I'm also in your shoes, in a way, with the fibroids. Mine are submucosal (or mostly are). DR found one today that is 5 cm (golf ball size) that was submucosal and not pendunculated and now is pendunculated (on a stalk with a diameter the size of her thumb) and is hanging in my vagina. The TVH that I posponed earlier in the week now is being done as a semi-emergency tomorrow morning. DR is worried that I will develop systemic infection. This broid is infected and gross. My DR is wonderful. She knew I read a book about hysterectomies called "Hysterectomy and Ovary Removal" (very much anti-hysterectomy book). I read it because I thought that she has her agenda and the book has its author's agenda, and somewhere in the middle the twain shall meet. The book frightened me out of my wits. I told her about it today, and even though I didn't have an actual appt. (she fit me in because I was having discharge and thought I might have an infection), she spent time with me going over all my concerns in the book. I'm truly blessed that she is such a caring physician.

Now I've rambled on so much I've forgotten what I was going to say in reply to your post. Sorry. I have some pre-surgery jitters.

Good luck to you, Fibroid Sister!!!

regards,

Cindy
Unread 04-19-2002, 07:09 PM

Hi Alli,

My doctor has the same issue... only 2 or 3 surgery days per month... and he's part of Johns Hopkins in Baltimore! But perhaps being part of a large hospital system is the problem... so many physicians, so little OR time to dole out. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register