Feeling Down | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-18-2002, 08:10 PM
Feeling Down

Hi Ladies
Just needed to vent a little. Having a hard time waiting. I went yesterday to bank my blood, long story short, I passed out cold in the parking garage ended up with a huge bump on my head and my right hip. Had a headache for two days now. Just as I start my last period which adds to the low blood thing. Hubby is trying to be patient but thinks I'm nuts. Now I have a headache a sore hip, horrible cramps and I feel like I'm bleedin to death ( despite a D&C on April 2nd). Your ladies have been a source of strength for me ever since I stumbled onto this website. Thanks for letting me vent. I hope I can sleep now (not on my battered right side though!)

TaraLee

TAH 4/30/02 for endo, fibroids and possible adeno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 09:03 PM
Feeling Down

Here's a big for you, TaraLee!

If it's any consolation, just remind yourself that this is your very last period ever! No more monthly worries that you'll bleed to death and no more painful cramps!

Hope your headache is gone when you wake up and that the sore hip heals quickly!

You have less than 2 weeks to go - take care of yourself!

Margaret
Unread 04-18-2002, 09:20 PM
Feeling Down

No wonder your feeling down. Did you pass out after you gave blood? Have your iron level tested soon...incase you are anemic.

So sorry you're having a lousy time. Most people don't have a clue what we go through...sometimes those people are our husbands.

Take care.

Best wishes,

Maralyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2002, 04:55 AM
Feeling Down

Hi Tara Lee,

I hope you are feeling better! Did you tell your doctor that you passed out? Oh, that has to be scary. I remember getting lightheaded when I was donating blood once. They told me I was a nice shade of white. They sat me up quickly, gave me juice and a donut and told me that I probably shouldn't donate again. My first and last time.

Please talk to your hubby and let him know that you are scared about the surgery. Sometimes they don't quite "get-it". I had my hubby at all the pre-op stuff as he wanted to be involved and he is my ears for what I miss when those doctors start talking.

Sara
Unread 04-19-2002, 05:44 AM
Feeling Down

I was just reading where ya'll had gone to bank your blood. My dr. hasn't said anything to me about this. Do all LIW having TAH have to do this or what? My preop isn't until 2 days before the hyst.If they want me to bank, will my supply be built up by the surgery date?

Shaw B.
Unread 04-19-2002, 06:01 PM
banking Blood

My Dr let me choose if I wanted to, but said it was a good idea just in case. The blood bank said to give myself a week at least to build back up. I am taking iron and the pre-op testing nurse called today for my Monday appt. I told her about the passing out thing and she said they would test to be sure i wasn't anemic. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm feelin much better today (my head doesn't hurt and the bruise on my hip is a pretty yellow-green color). You ladies are the best!! Hubby has been great (working 2 jobs since I can't), but htis website has been my saving grace.

TaraLee

TAH 4/30/02 for endo, fibroids and possible adeno

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register