what do you think? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what do you think? what do you think?

Unread 04-18-2002, 10:20 PM
what do you think?

Hi Everyone !
New member here- I just waant you all to know you have here is wonderful. I have enjoyed and drawn so much support from this site. I will tell you my story, but forgive me it is long.
I am 21 years old. I have 3 children. I am happily married and I am in pain. I have had very irregular periods for 2 years(one month10-12 days the next 2 days) and my short months are the "nasty" ones. I have terrible pain on a "monthly" basis and many time in-between. I have the type of endo. that attacks the muscles of the uterus and it is moderate. My uterus is extremely prolapse ( due to babies --I suppose 8lb-7oz,9lb-8oz, and at 2 weeks early 8lb-1oz.) I have cysts on both ovaries. Right on has burst and left on is quit large (don't know measurement).
I am okay knowing that there will be no more children. My DH had a vasc. in Oct. and all of that is fine. I am mainly worried with the things I have "heard". What about the big "O" ? What about my sex drive? (p.s.- I am keeping at least 1 ovary if at all possible-- although I am losing my cervix). I will be in the hospital 2 or 3 days and I am undergoing general anth. I guess I am as well prepared as some others this just seems so huge. I have had three children and nose surgery, but I am am just scared I guess. Is there anything I don't know or need to know or ask or what? I just want to have a good experience with this and know all I need to before surgery? Forgive me for going on and on, but I feel like there is something I might not know and I want you to feel free to tell me anything you think I should know.

Want to know as much as possible.
Thank you all- you are great.

Hysteriaat21 surgery date b/c I could not find where to enter this is 5/02/2002
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2002, 10:38 PM
what do you think?

Hi, Hysteriaat21,

I think you're very young. That doesn't mean you shouldn't have a hysterectomy, if you need one. I've read posts from other women in their 20's, who had a hysterectomy. But I've had the surgery, and it did change my life, in some ways. I just think it's important to be sure that you've considered all of your options, before making a decision

I'd suggest that any woman who's considering a hysterectomy get at least two medical opinions. And there are other options, both surgical and non-surgical, that have helped other women. Have you looked into those?

Here's a link to a Directory for pre-op information., which contains helpful hints. It's a good place to get started, for the new lady-in-waiting. Take a look at the pulldown menus on the Hystersisters home page, for more info;

Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles

I hope this helps. Welcome to Hystersisters, where we offer support and hugs, too.

Best wishes,
Helen
Unread 04-19-2002, 02:58 PM
what do you think?

Hello,

I talked to a few of the other doctors in with my doctor today. I called in for consult and went in to the office. Everyone agreed that If I was ready to give up the ability to concieve and carry children to go ahead that my condition would only worsen and from the "look" of things it would be rather quickly. Most 2 out of 3 said that they felt like within the following year I would be in constant pain and their is no reason to put myself through it unless I am a glutton for pain and periods. I thank you for recomending second opinions about it I do feel better.

hysteriaat21

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register