I can't sleep! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I can't sleep! I can't sleep!

Unread 04-19-2002, 12:04 AM
I can't sleep!

I had the most HORRENDOUS pain today! OMG, I was paralized with pain. It felt like my insides were being torn apart and they just burned like crazy, along with unbelievable sharp pains. Vicodin didn't even work for it. I have pretty yucky side effects from Vicodin...I get really dizzy, sick to my stomach, drowsy and just kind of a drugged feeling. So I had the pain and the side effects. it finally eased up only to come back 3 hours later! On a scale of 1-10,I'd say it was a good 8-9. My surgery isn't until June and I just don't know how I'll make it! It's midnight here and I've tried to fall asleep, but my mind is racing about the surgery. I want to go to sleep so bad and not have to think about this for now, but I can't relax. I'm sure you're all sound asleep right now. I just can't stop thinking about all the many questions I have for my doctor. I got up and turned the light on and made a list of questions for my doctor...a long list that I'm sure will just get longer between now and June. I thought if I got on here and typed out my stress that maybe it would help me relax. I have already waited three months since deciding to have this surgery and now I just have 2 more to go. It'll be here before I know it, right? How am I going to make it???? I'm turning to you all to help me feel better. I was so scared today because the pain was so bad. When it's this bad, I always think there has to be something horribly wrong inside, but then it always goes away and then I feel better. How can I relax???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2002, 01:33 AM
I can't sleep!

I know you will read in a lot of posts that it is the waiting that is the worst. It's no good saying 'try not to think about it' that is just like saying 'don't think about pink elephants' it's all you CAN think about.

I'm sorry that you are in such pain and have to wait for so long. I, fortunately, only had to wait three weeks and that was bad enough!!!

I am now 4 weeks post op and feel fantastic - full of energy, I've been doing a lot of walking and healthy eating too. This has actually been a positive experience for me. I had severe endo along with other problems and now have a flatter tummy (thanks to my 20 week sized uterus being removed) and pain free days and nights.

Do take care and keep posting, the gals on this site are fantastic and you'll realise that you're not alone.

Diana
Unread 04-19-2002, 06:23 AM
no sleep.

I too can not sleep. Mostly due to pain, but also a little anxiety. My surgery is the 25th, less than a week away. I am off ibuprofen and trying to survive on the Tylenol 3 and failing miserably. Just yesterday I was more anxious but now I have a cold/flu and am worried that they will postpone the surgery. I can't wait to get rid of the pain.

If you find a solution to the sleep problem, let me know. I've tried hot baths and numerous other things, but nothing helps. Not even kitty cuddles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2002, 09:15 AM
I can't sleep!

Thanks ladies for your support. It means so much to me Last night after I posted here, I got on the Victoria's Secret website and put all kinds of things into my shopping bag and then deleted them I love to shop and was proud of myself for not actually buying anything. I spent about an hour doing that and I will tell you that it took my mind off of the hysterectomy and took away my anxiety and I fell right to sleep once I got back into bed. Then I was woken up at 6:00 by my little girl, so I had about 4 1/2 hours of sleep. But I feel so much better than I did last night!

Thanks again!
Unread 04-20-2002, 11:31 PM
Ambien

I'm sorry you're in pain. I'm not a big proponent of drugs, but I asked my Dr for something for sleep...about 3 weeks before surgery and he gave me a prescription for Ambien....it really works without morning sluggishness. Just a thought....

Hope you're feeling OK. I am 16 days post op and can't believe how great I feel. So glad I did the surgery. You take care.........

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register