I Think I'm Going to Explode!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Think I'm Going to Explode!! I Think I'm Going to Explode!!

Unread 04-19-2002, 06:38 AM
I Think I'm Going to Explode!!

Just how fast can fibroids grow? If my gets any bigger, I'm going to :explode:!!

These fibroids were first discovered in 1998. At that time, they were both about the size of golf balls. I don't know how big they are now, but when I lie on my back, they poke out and my uterus is at the level of my belly-button. And I think they're getting bigger every day. My panties and pants are getting very uncomfortable. I'm afraid by surgery time, I'll look like I'm 9 months pregnant and won't be able to fit into my clothes! (Right now, I look about 5 months.)

Does anyone know the rate of growth for these things. Could the Provera I'm taking to regulate my periods be causing them to grow like this?

Lisa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2002, 08:32 AM

Shashi,

I know what you mean! It sounds like me. My fibroids were quite for awhile and then grew quickly. My doctor said they weren't as fast growing as she has seen. So I guess they can really take off. I've already moved from size 6 to 8 underpanty.
They feed on estrogen...that's how I got in trouble. How much estrogen is in Provera? Maybe your not balanced enough??
At least you are scheduled for surgery and will be able to unload these fibroids soon.

Good luck...
Maralyn
Unread 04-19-2002, 09:28 AM

Hiya Shashi,

I don't know anything about Provera and its relation to fibroid growth but from everything I've read and experienced their rate of growth varies widely from woman to woman.

In my case, the two largest went from the size of oranges at the time of my first ultrasound (Nov/01) to the ultrasound and uteroscopy results when I finally saw the gynecologist 2 weeks ago of the size of grapefruits - a regular uterine fruit salad goin' on in there!

I know that I just want them gone - no cantalopes for this cowgirl! I also know that soon I will have to unearth my summer clothes and reject at least half of them for their failure to fit.

You might want to check with your gynecologist about whether the Provera is a contributing factor and hopefully some other sisters will have info about that for you.

But my understanding is that the very reason surgery is indicated for large fibroids in pre-menopausal women is because they usually continue to grow - for me that would mean about 8 more years of growth - so we'd be talking prize winning watermelons!
Thanks, but I'll take my 15 minutes of fame some other way!

Good luck to you, Shashi. Thanks again for your helpful hints re: stemming the flow of heavy bleeding!

Cecee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2002, 09:37 AM
Hi

Hi, Shashi,

Hope you're doing well. Wanted to give you a report on my stay at the castle, since you will be checking into same one.

First thing was a surprise! Was put in private room & hadn't asked. It was nice & had a huge walkin shower. Evidently the private rooms cost same as semiprivate.

Asked how come I got the royal treatment. The nurse said they were not very busy on that floor, so she booked all of her patients into private rooms.

Nurses were nice. Food was ok, but didnt feel much like eating. Even though the nurse's desk was near my room, they were quiet! not a lot of hall traffice either.

Day 1 was bad nausea due to morphine drip. After that it was better.

Came home Wednesday about 8PM. I was ready. Slept well in own bed.

Actually yesterday was better than today. Going to give up soon and try to sleep again. Havent slept well since that first night home.

I was in room 5135. Try to reserve it! It was great!

Debbie
Unread 04-19-2002, 10:32 AM
Thanks Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the castle info. Wow, a private room. I hope I luck out like that when I go for my visit. Maybe I can call in advance and reserve one.

I know what you mean about the food. When I was admitted a few weeks ago for a cardiac workup, I was given a meal one night in which I couldn't figure out if the meat was chicken or pork. I finally decided that it must have been a hybrid - maybe chork or picken.

While I was there, I lost six pounds in three days. (I need to check myself in for about a month. Maybe I could lose some of this tummy!)

Anyway, I'm glad your surgery went okay and you're recuperating. Take it easy and be a good princess.

Lisa

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register