How Soon - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-19-2002, 05:39 PM
How Soon

My Dr asked when would I like to have mine and I said "15 years ago" :-D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2002, 07:11 PM
How Soon

Holly --- LOL!!!

~Sue
Unread 04-19-2002, 07:45 PM
Too Long!!

I was admitted to the hospital three weeks ago for complications of anemia due to excessive bleeding. The ER doc called my GYN, who recommended I call the office the following Monday, April 1 to schedule a hysterectomy. (I wanted it right then, since I was in the hospital anyway, but it was Easter weekend and the doctor wouldn't do it since it wasn't an emergency.)

It took several days for the scheduling nurse to get back to me with a date, and when she finally did, she told me that it was scheduled for April 29, which would have been impossible. I was so disappointed. I teach a class at our local community college, and my last class is April 30. In addition to needing to give the final exam that day, the final grades are due within a few days, plus I would have a ton of grading to do. It was just impossible.

I think she was aggravated at me because I couldn't do it then. The only available date after that was May 23. Though this seems like forever, and the waiting is driving me bonkers, it worked out for the best and gives me time to get everything at work completed that needs to be taken care of before I leave.

It's just this waiting.... it's forever!!!!!!!!! I'll be nuts by May 23. I'll have to have surgery in a straight-jacket!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2002, 04:49 AM
How Soon

Lisa,
I can feel your anexity and frustration. If I were you I would feel the same way. As hard as it may be, try to get your mind on something else. The time will pass faster and you'll keep your sanity. :hair:

At least you have a date to look forward to. I don't have an appt until May 8 to even discuss an op. I'm already anticipating a long wait because I'm not bleeding profusely - just spotting. I'll be thinking of you on May 23. Keep smiling
Unread 04-24-2002, 05:15 AM
How Soon

Mine was six week later after the original appointment. The O.R. was booked for the first couple weeks after my appointment and since the dr. wanted me to schedule it during the first couple weeks of my cycle I had to wait a little longer. This gave me time to also schedule and appointment with a urologist to make sure I didn't need any additional bladder repair.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register