Me and My mother-in-law | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Me and My mother-in-law Me and My mother-in-law

Unread 04-19-2002, 02:27 PM
Me and My mother-in-law

I wanted to say Hi to all my Hyster-sisters!
I was wondering if anyone knows how realistic what my mother-in-law and I are planning...

I have gotten another opinion about having my P(partial)VH at 21 and the date stands at 05-02-02. My mother-in-law will also be having a TAH on 05-22-02. How realistic is it to plan this? She is wonderful and helps me so much with my 3 Dear Children. I would not know how to survive without her. We are not only planning these PVH and TAH for the same month, but we are planning a recovery trip to the beach following in the next weeks. We will be taking her 3 neices and my 3 adopted sisters(since I am an only child) with us. Do you think this will be too much? The children are going. We are both very strong , but neither of us want to over do it.

Another question Bladder leaking ... I have thought about asking my Doctor about the leaking I have when I jump on the trampoline and how I leak when I bend down somtimes. Is this cause in anyones book for repair or testing.

Talk to you all soon.

Hysteriaat21
Mandy

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. I truely believe this verse and I recall it to myself often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2002, 02:33 PM
Me and My mother-in-law

Hello...I don't know about the beach trip...how soon after? Who will be driving you? I am 3 days post op and am not allowed to drive for 2-3 weeks, had a LAVH/BSO! And I cannot imagine taking a few kids to the beach! I also am very strong and recovery very quickly...which my doc says is not always a good thing..he said even when I feel good, doesnt mean I need to over do it! I am feeling great today (may have over did it a bit too), but I am exhausted after 2-3 hours of being up and have to take many many naps during the day, which again, is not like me! I would definately talk to your doc about this trip and you may have to post pone it for 4-6 weeks, good luck to both of you!
Unread 04-19-2002, 02:52 PM
Me and My mother-in-law

We are planning it about 2 weeks after her surgery wich will be 4 weeks after mine. I can drive but the oldest neice 20 will be able to drive and the 17 year old also. They are great baby sitters and very responsible. The 20 yr old is actually keeping all three of them the day of my surgery. I am going to wait and see how she feels . I don't want to over do it. I have paid for over doing it in the past ( after my children -- which were big babies and I needed more recovery than I gave myself). I understand that doing more because you feel better, yet you don't feel quite good enough. I hope that your recovery goes well MJM93. I will pray for a swift recovery for you and a complete recovery. I keep telling my DH and DMIL (mother-in-law) to remind me that just because I won't have incisions that doesn't mean that I won't be just as fragile and need just as much recouperation.

hysteriaat21
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2002, 02:54 PM
Me and My mother-in-law

Dear Mandy,

How nice that you and your MIL are such good friends!!

Although I would have loved a trip to the beach after my hyst, there is no way that I could have gone and helped to take care of any children. I didn't go back to work for 5 1/2 weeks, and was very tired at the end of each day. Your MIL's surgery will probably require a longer recovery time period than yours since it's abdominal, and she's older than you and may not bounce back quite as easily as you.

Please be sure to discuss it with both doctors and keep in mind that each of you will recover at your own rate, and that you need to allow your bodies lots of time to rest quietly.

Best of luck to both of you.

's

Karen
Unread 04-19-2002, 03:28 PM
Me and My mother-in-law

YES, you definetly need to discuss the leaking with your dr! Now is the time to have it fixed since they will already be in there! I had my hyster in Nov '00 and am scheduled for birch suspension in May! At the time I didn't think it was a big problem, but it got considerable worse after surgery!

Good luck!
Unread 04-19-2002, 04:57 PM
Me and My mother-in-law

Hi,
Good to hear someone loves their mother in law. I bet she loves you just as much.

The trip will most likely do you both in...even may start bleeding and other complication.

I agree...time to fix bladder leaks is now. My doctor told me if the uterus in heavy with fibroids the leakage is probably due to the pressure it puts on the bladder if you cough or sneeze, etc. If you have leakage at other times for no forcefull reason , you may need a repair. This will require an appointment with a urologist and he will decide if you need the repair after testing. They use this little instrument...maybe do don't want the details Really, I've heard it does not hurt, honest!

Best of luck,

Maralyn
Unread 04-19-2002, 09:24 PM
Me and My mother-in-law

hello all !
I do love her very much she has been a light shining at the end of many tunnels for me and my insanity through 3 children in 4 years. We are very fertile ( I wish I could give some of my fertility luck to someone else now -- so many need it ). I understand the Dr. thing we will talk to both of them. Oh, this was her idea! And you all thought I was the young one !! We will reconsider !!

I had a catheritization one time because of a severe bladder infection and I almost died because of the pain when hey cat. me. I even get embarassed to talk about it. I seem to leak when....
i jump on trampoline
i squat
i run water in the kitchen ( i usually don't know I even have to go)
the other nighti had to run new bath water because afterI sat there a few minutes I just began to Pee (sorry to be so forward) and I couldn't stop

I guess these are plenty of reasons and I do want it all done i just don't want it to be put off .

Lots of love and laughs
Mandy

p.s. I am using a smiley face sticker
Unread 04-19-2002, 09:59 PM
Me and My mother-in-law

Mandy,

Well... I could say, don't jump on the trampoline, don't squat, and don't run water, but.........

Sounds like you need to see the urologist!

You're going to be as good as new!

Maralyn

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register