You'll do great!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

You'll do great!! You'll do great!!

Unread 04-19-2002, 06:28 PM
You'll do great!!

Hi, ladies!! I'm three weeks post-op today and it is *wonderful, wonderful, wonderful*!!

I know how you feel now, and let me tell you - it is *so* much better on *this* side of the surgery!!

No more bleeding - thank God! - yay, yay, yay!!

We send you all our love, hugs, support and prayers - you'll do great!!

Love, Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2002, 08:41 PM
You'll do great!!

Sue,
Thanks for your incouragement.
I am so friggen scared ... my surgery is 10 days away. And I wonder if I will back out.
How were you able to not back out? That is the question I want to know from all the "princes".

I try to believe all of you that the waiting is the hardest part. BUT were you as freaked as me? And still able to go thought with it?

I really need to know if everyone was out of control scared like I am, or just scared but still sane?

Thanks, sorry for being such a baby.. ;(
xo Donna
p.s. I am so thrilled that you are doing great.......... it must be wonderful to be on the other side...
Unread 04-19-2002, 09:56 PM
lady in waiting

Hi ladies,

Sue, thanks for the encouraging words. My surgery is scheduled in one week. I am very nervous about the procedure, especially the length of time that the surgery may take. (I have never had anesthesia for that amount of time). Everyone that I talk to has had nothing but good things to say about how you feel after all the healing has taken place.

I am happy that things are going so well for you and I pray that this will happen for all of the "ladies in waiting".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 06:18 AM
You'll do great!!

(((Donna))) (that means hugs to you) - yes, there were times I was just about overcome with fear *but* I talked it out with my husband - maybe there is someone you could talk to about it who can give you some perspective - if you don't have anyone actually there with you, post and/or get into the live chat - those Hyster Sisters will help you!!! They're full of love and support. It helped me to know that so many women go through this surgery every year (I read somewhere the number is 600,000) and they come out fine. I knew, even when I was afraid, that having this surgery was the right thing for me to do.
And my husband and I prayed for God's peace and we received it, too. Please don't make any decisions out of fear. I knew backing out because of fear wouldn't stop my prolonged/excesive bleeding. The hysterectomy, however, would stop it and it did.
Try to find things to keep your mind occupied - I made lots of detailed lists about what I needed to do during the days before surgery, e-mail and phone lists for myself and husband, lists of what he and the children needed to take care of while I would be in the hospital, what I wanted to pack, and on and on... It really helped me. We worked on our bedroom to make room for a little table near the bed and a chair near that for when I'd want to sit up for a while, etc. I made a big batch of cookies so the kids would have snacks. But don't overdo the day before - you don't want to be exhausted the morning of the surgery. And don't worry if you don't sleep much the night before - I didn't sleep too much - was bleeding a lot - I just kept thinking "By (whatever time) I'll be in recovery and I'll be fine" - that helped, too.

s and s to you - you'll do great! ~Sue
Unread 04-20-2002, 06:19 AM
You'll do great!!

I am so glad you are doing well and you are so sweet to share with all our lovely liw. Please remember to still take it easy though, it is easy to forget when you are feeling so good. Best wishes

's
Unread 04-20-2002, 06:31 AM
You'll do great!!

Hugs to you, Lily!! Before I ever had a general for a D&C (a few weeks before I had the hysterectomy), I used to be very afraid of having a general - but I learned at the D&C that it was no big deal!! So that aspect of it didn't concern me at all when it was time for the hysterectomy. (They also gave me anti-nausea meds so I wouldn't feel sick after the surgery - and I didn't. Talk with your doctor and anesthesiologist about this before your surgery - I'm sure they can do that for you, too.) Believe me, I used to think I wouldn't have a general for any reason whatsoever, but when I was faced with the D&C and with the hysterectomy, the *result* of the surgery was more important to me than not having the general out of fear. Please don't make any decisions based on fear. Not bleeding anymore was more important than not having the general. My hysterectomy was supposed to take 2 hours, but it ended up taking longer than that due to stuff they found once they got in - that doesn't happen to everyone. Did you ask your doctor how long he/she thinks it will take? Remember - the *result* of the surgery will be a healthier life for you and a much better quality of life, too. I cannot tell you how grateful I am to God that I had this surgery - I cannot express my relief that I am no longer bleeding in words!! When I found this site, I kept reading how much better it is once you've had the surgery - that encouraged me *so much* and the *best part* is that **it is true**!! It'll be true for you, too! Rest a lot, drink a lot and walk some (as you feel up to it) during your recovery.

You'll do great!

~Sue
Unread 04-20-2002, 06:49 AM
You'll do great!!

Thanks, DJ!! How are you doing?

By the way, what's an "SAH"?

Take care

~Sue
Unread 04-20-2002, 03:38 PM
Thanks

Thanks Sue for your positive posts!
I'm still waiting to get the surgery out of the way. Hope I have the courage to go through with it. It feels like the scariest thing I have ever had to do.
Glad your feeling great and free of your troubles. Continued best wishes!

Sandy
(LAVH >anterior repair)
Unread 04-20-2002, 04:00 PM
To Sue and Donna

Hi there

Sue, I am so happy to read your notice. My op is on Tuesday next week, 23 April and your letter gives me such hope.

Like Donna, I am very worried about everything, the general and the pain and the recovery but I read a lot of this wonderful website and have found such encouragement.

I hope to also be on the recovery side and can only foocus on "this time next week" it will be all over.

To Donna, -- I have also had doubts today and my mid was full of reasons for cancelling but at the end of the day I know I have to have this done (I have a huge fibroid which is growing and growing). I have been busy stocking the freezer and cooking .. also buying things I am going to need and getting my house clean and tidy with everything in place for my coming home, knowing I wont be able to do much afterwards for a while. I know that thousands of women have been through this and all say they feel wonderful afterwards, so I put myself in God's hand and my sugeon's hands when I am taken to theatre and thats it.
Iwish you all the very best and will post a notice up here when I am home and able to come to this computer again.

Best wishes and continue in recovery.... RuBe xxxxx
Unread 04-23-2002, 09:17 AM
You'll do great!!

RuBe,
Yes you are right millions of woman do this and seem to be very happy they did. I better be one of them.. lol

Yesterday I went to doctor's and actually was in a good mood about the upcoming surgery.......... this morning I am having anxiety... boy oh boy, the roller coaster!

Take care, my thoughts are with you
xo Donna

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register