You'll do great!! - Page 3 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

You'll do great!! You'll do great!!

Unread 04-25-2002, 01:59 PM
You'll do great!!

Sue, so happy you're happy, and thanks for the encouragement! Can't get enough of it!!

Donna Faye--here's from the other "biggest baby of the boards." It's a toss-up as to who's more scared--me or you!

Yesterday I asked my Dr for something to take the morning of surgery because try as I might, I just cannot picture myself willingly getting into any vehicle. What I could picture is a neighbor or passer-by calling the police and reporting a man is trying to drag a screaming woman out of a house!

She laughed, but said the same thing EVERYBODY's been saying: "You'll be fine." She also said, "I've never seen a situation that couldn't be helped."

You and I, and the rest of us sisters, are going to be all right! Just nobody turn on the news next Wednesday a.m. . . .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 02:00 PM
Yes, I am terrified!!

Donna,

My DH goes with me to all my appointments, just to make sure I don't try to sneak out the back door!! He will also be the one to drive me to the hospital, to make sure I get there!!

You are not alone! If my DH weren't there pushing me along, I would definitely dig my heels in and say NO NO NO!!!!!

Hopefully you have someone in your life, whether it is a DH or a very good friend or other family member, that can be there to give you the moral and emotional support that will help you to get through this!!!

And of course, we are all here for you!!!!
Unread 04-25-2002, 08:52 PM
You'll do great!!

Donduck,........... LOL about not watching news wednesday.. lol

DomesticGoddess......... I do have my mom and my boyfriend ... they are incourageing in different ways....... and neither will let me back out......... well thats not true, I could "milk it" and my mom would cave.. lol

I once read about someone whon went and backed out and all she kept saying (on other post) was how "this time today, I would have been done with surgery"......... I know that would haunt me too...........

Thanks again for the laughs, incouragement and goodwill...
xo DonnaFay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2002, 06:32 AM
You'll do great!!

Hey DonnaFay! I've got a busy weekend planned, so don't know if I'll have time to get online or not. I wish you all the best on Monday. I'm kind of jealous. My fear has diminished somewhat over the past couple days, and I'm looking forward to no more monthlies, no more pain or pressure. I can feel the weight of my cyst when I lay down now, and I don't like it one single bit. It will be a relief to feel "lighter" down there again!

I know you will come thru this just great. You probably won't be posting before I go in, but I look forward to hearing from you when we are both elevated to Princess status!

Best to you. You're in my prayers for the best possible surgery and speedy recovery!

Unread 04-26-2002, 07:06 AM
You'll do great!!

Thats right Donduck,
I'll be going in the day before you.

Just know I will be there holding your "cyber" hand..
And guess what........ you'll be there holding mine as well..

All the ladies here will be right beside me...... I have to hold on to this image, hope no body minds me stealing their essence. lol
(I will return it soon)

We will get through this and tell eachother our stories very soon.

The best wishes to you too (that goes to each and every LIW)

xoxo DonnaFay
Unread 04-26-2002, 07:16 AM
You'll do great!!

Thanks for the "cyber" hand-holding! And I will be holding yours, too. I talked to someone yesterday who had hers done 11 years ago, and she's STILL exicted about having hers done and feeling so much better. Isn't that something to look forward to? By this time next week, we'll be recovering!

Unread 04-26-2002, 07:49 AM
You'll do great!!

Yikes your right........... we will be here posting for all the LIW saying what has been said to us a zillion times....... the wait is the worst part.

I wish us both (and everyone else) an uneventful surgery with not much to say afterwards besides........... "the wait was by far the worst part"..
xo DonnaFay
Unread 04-26-2002, 12:07 PM
You'll do great!!

EEEEK...Donna Fay..thief..my essence is missing!!! Hee..hee (take good care of it and hope it give you lots of strength through your hospitalization..but make sure you give it back :-) )
Unread 04-26-2002, 06:05 PM
You'll do great!!

Bonnie, I love it!!! Still excited after 11 years!! That is *so* neat!
Thanks for posting that!

Hugs,

Sue
Unread 04-26-2002, 09:27 PM
You'll do great!!

Lisa Alison,
I promise to return it....... thanks for the loan..

take care
xo DonnaFay

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register